Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wish Art A Happy Birthday!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I celebrated by ordering a new hat!

2808iz7.gif

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
oh my gosh..how embarrassing...

Thank you all, I had a good day on Tuesday even though unproductive.

Yup, I took the day off to try to buy a new horse. As some of you know I lost my horse/buddy a few months ago and the ranch hasn't seemed the same so I took the day to see a 9 year old Appaloosa that was just gorgeous. Chocolate brown with white spots on his rump, soft eyes and grey tones around his face. Had to drive a few hours to see him ( trailer in tow) and he didn't disappoint. He hadn't been ridden in a while so when I first climbed up, he thought he would test me with a few bucks but quickly settled down to a reasonably perfect ( although rusty) session where he showed me what he could do.

SO, I decided I wanted him and THAT'S when the fun started!!! He saw the trailer, walked with me up to it, and for the next two hours we struggled as to which of us would give up first, him getting in, or me returning him to his pasture. I coaxed, bribed, pulled, fed treats, and was rewarded with rope blisters on my hands, beat up arms from being banged into the trailer when his mind suddenly changed, sore muscles I had forgotten about...all to no avail. Yup, I returned him to pasture and will continue my search...defeated this time..but will continue my search.
Such is the life of a hatter..returned home and treated my bruised body ( as well as ego) to a cocktail..make mine Crown Royal please.. and the company of my beautiful wife, my very fine neighbors, and the peacefulness of the mountains. Life's a b**ch :D

Thanks again all, and hatflick...it's in the mail..( and I'll respect you in the morning)lol

silvereed

Familiar Face
Hope your birthday was great Art. We're both Virgo's. My birthday is today. Still loving the Route 66 you made for me. No other hat I own has such soft felt.

fatwoul

Practically Family
Sorry I missed this thread I've been working like a horse since the beginning of the week. Horse. See what I did there? :D

Anyway, I hope Art and silvereed both had good birthdays, and I hope Indycop enjoys his tomorrow.

EDIT: Art - can't you try the same horse again? I mean, won't he maybe get used to the idea if you expose him to the trailer a few times? Or is your poor battered body just not up to the battle? lol

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
EDIT: Art - can't you try the same horse again? I mean, won't he maybe get used to the idea if you expose him to the trailer a few times? Or is your poor battered body just not up to the battle?

lol lol lol
Like all things in life Fatwoul, one must recognize his limitations. I'm a novice horseman but yup, if i got him home I could make him more trailer friendly ( start feeding him only inside the trailer) but the question is "Do I really want that fight?". Answer? nope, I know there is the right horse out there that won't need that training. I'm officially too old for that!!

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MASTER HATTER. WE ALL HOPE THAT YOU CONTINUE TO PRODUCE YOUR CREATIVE MASTERPIECES FOR YEARS TO COME.

SINCERELY,
STEVEN
:)

Art Fawcett said:
lol lol lol
Like all things in life Fatwoul, one must recognize his limitations. I'm a novice horseman but yup, if i got him home I could make him more trailer friendly ( start feeding him only inside the trailer) but the question is "Do I really want that fight?". Answer? nope, I know there is the right horse out there that won't need that training. I'm officially too old for that!!

No such thing as too rich or too old. ;) :p
Happy Birthday Art!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner