Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women Reenactors?

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
These are from last March at Camp Roberts...right after my body got picked over by some Cossacks....lol

HPIM0761.jpg

Me being a guinea pig...sadly there are no pics of my bandages covered in "blood"

HPIM0766.jpg

HPIM0765.jpg

Davep

One of the Regulars
Hillocks said:
All those pictures of the fieldhospital are making me wanting such a big group aswell.
You girls look just great :eek: ! And i've never seen the white uniform worn before

Hillocks, nice videos, they feel like a period movie. I'm always amazed of the universal appeal of WWII reenacting. This is a group of reenactors in Japan doing ETO reenactments, with women as well.

It's American, German, Italian, and British reenactors, all played by Japanese and a few foreigners.

It was put on by Sam Motojima. Sam also has reenactor trips to the United States for those who want to fire real weapons in a WW2 Battles. Also check out the homemade German armor.

Check out all the photos at this link
http://users.livejournal.com/_consume_/135056.html

ADMIN NOTICE *** Photos Removed. Japanese girls dressing as SS soldiers is just too strange, and also (as the Room rules say) we don't glamourise or promote neo fascist organisations in any shape or form. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

cco23i

A-List Customer
It's too bad more women don't want to portray WAAC mechanics. After portraying a WW2 ground crewman for a couple years now it would be kinda neat to see some female mechanics working on an airplane.

Scott

MPicciotto

Practically Family
cco23i said:
It's too bad more women don't want to portray WAAC mechanics. After portraying a WW2 ground crewman for a couple years now it would be kinda neat to see some female mechanics working on an airplane.

Scott

I'm trying to get my wife into reenacting and she might very well do that! She likes the idea of wearing the HBT's all day. She's a through and through "jeans and t-shirt" person so the idea of the WAC skirt is pretty much out for her for any more then dressing up to go to dinner. But HBT's hold an appeal to her...

Matt

cco23i

A-List Customer
Matt,
If she needs any help on ground crew stuff either you or her drop me a line and I will be more than happy to help. One thing that's good is all the airshows up in the northeast and doing ground crew seems to get you "in like Flynn" as not many people do it.

Scott

JennyLou

Practically Family
Since I'm a beginner at reenacting/impressions, I'm concentrating on the impression i do with the 45th but I hope to do a WAAC impression someday. I already have the Ike jakcet and skirt.

Davep

One of the Regulars
JennyLou said:
Since I'm a beginner at reenacting/impressions, I'm concentrating on the impression i do with the 45th but I hope to do a WAAC impression someday. I already have the Ike jakcet and skirt.

Have you gotten a Helmet yet?

cco23i

A-List Customer
Jennylou,
As for your dress cap you can get a man's garrison cap with air corps piping and be all set. The womans caps came late and seems the mans hat looks better IMHO.

Scott

JennyLou

Practically Family
when I start working on my WAAC uniform again the first item I will get is the garrison cap. As for helmets- I have a lot because I work at a museum and can borrow them whenever I need them.

p51

One Too Many
I gave up on getting my wife into any vintage uniform long ago. Crying shame too, as she’s petite and would look cute as heck in that impression. It’s just not for her.
Beats me why more females in the hobby don’t do correspondent impressions. Then they’re not bound to the field hospital or anything like that and it is historically accurate to attach themselves to combat units (it was against the regulations for female correspondents to go further forward than the females in the military but it happened all the time). For “dressy” events, you can also have the Class A impression with the armband and let it go at that.
females.jpg

Hillocks

New in Town
Well overhere in Holland a few girls do Corpsondent aswell as photographer and I know a few gal's in the US that have the same impression but they are more active at the re-enactors forums then retro

But none of us in Holland have a Class A as WarCo, only the M-43 mixed uniforms/

Hillocks

New in Town
cco23i said:

Scott

Here's a picture from an event in Holland, one of the only events with planes, something we don't come across that often compared with the guys and gals in the UK and US :(
The only time I've been around a plane that close (and yes I'm using the wrong tool but then again it was my first time:rolleyes: )

billgaston

New in Town
Miss Jeanavive Marie,

Excellent photos from Eagle Field. We have been going to Stocton Field the past two (2) years for the Collings Foundation Bomber mission. This last year we had 11 students undergo a Bomber Fantasy Camp there. We have been talking with Taigh Ramey the owner of Vintage Aircraft about maybe taking the event to Eagle Field. We bombed Eagle Field two years ago as a matter of fact.
The problem with Eagle Field is that the runway is too short for a B-24 or B-17 to get into. There is talk though about maybe using a B-25 for the bombing platform in which case Eagle would be a shoe in.
If you or anyone else would be looking to have a go at it, we would love to have some additions to the bomber camp. Its an awful lot of work and takes place during the week as opposed to on a weekend though.
Your impression looks spot on by the way!! :eusa_clap

billgaston

New in Town
Hillocks said:
Here's a picture from an event in Holland, one of the only events with planes, something we don't come across that often compared with the guys and gals in the UK and US :(
The only time I've been around a plane that close (and yes I'm using the wrong tool but then again it was my first time:rolleyes: )

Now thats what i'm talking about!! Looks fantastic. "If it don't work, get a bigger wrench!"

cco23i

A-List Customer
The only thing I would do is lose the leggings, they get in the way and snag on the airplane. Another thing is if you are working on a wing they may snag a section of fabric from the aileron. Otherwise looks GREAT!

Scott

Hillocks

New in Town
Thanks for the replies, and indeed next time I'll lose the leggings. Got the same reply at another board too lol
And maybee a daisy may against the sun instead.
I hope they need mechanics next time at the museum... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24