Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Won another vintage leather jacket today!

Flieger

Practically Family
According to the seller it is a German motorcycle jacket from the 40s. It sure looks the part.

It has the name "Heinr. Schmidt" and "TRAYSA" on the tag.

The leather is said to be a bit stiff but I hope I can get some ideas from the good people here on FL to help me treat the jacket back to softness.

These are photos from the auction:
German_leather_01.jpg

German_leather_02.jpg

German_leather_03.jpg

Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks Feraud!
Pecard's huh? I've heard about this product but I can't find it here in Sweden. I guess I need to go web shopping.

Let's say I want to use Pecards - Do I go for the "Antique" line or the "Classic" line? How much do I need? *scratching his head*

Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks Flitcraft!

Well, I haven't got the jacket yet but the seller claim the leather is a bit stiff so I figured it's best to be prepared. More on this when it arrives.

Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks Atticus!

Does anyone have any "before and after" photos of a vintage jacket that was treated with Pecard's?

Flieger

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Beautiful jacket.

That jacket will look gorgeous when you work your magic on it with the Pecards. Post pics once you've done it up please :eusa_clap

Flieger

Practically Family
Thanks Paddy!

Of course, pictures will be posted starting as soon as the jacket arrives from the seller.

Cheers
/Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
OK, my fellow leather afficionados... get ready for a bunch of photos because the jacket finally arrived todayl

I have treated the jacket, but not with Pecard's. I found out that it would cost me a small fortune to have it shipped from the nearest dealer (Britain). Instead I've used a German product called "Skinnfix" that I found in the city where I live. Anyway, the jacket is in great shape. The only signs of ware can be found in the sleeves lining where there are a couple of small holes in the fabric. The zippers run smooth and the press studs on the collar is in near perfect shape.

On to the pictures:

Jacket front after treatment with Skinfix.
Jacket_front.jpg

Back side of jacket.
Jacket_back.jpg

Front zipped up.
Jacket_Closed_whole.jpg

Waist detail with elastic band in good shape.
Waist_back.jpg

Sleeve zipper open
Zipper_sleve.jpg

Pocket zipper closed.
Zipper_pocket.jpg

Brass (ZIPP) zipper detail.
Brass_zipper_detail.jpg

Steel(?) (ZIPP) zipper detail.
Steel_zipper_detail.jpg

Jacket label.
Jacket_label.jpg

A lovely jacket but with one thing that bugs me: It has shoulder pads! Yuk! :D

/Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
Jay said:
THAT is a NICE jacket. What's so bad about shoulder pads?

Thanks Jay. Well, I'm not a big fan of shoulderpads in general and wearing this jacket makes me look like I'm about to kick down someones door. :)
shoulder_pads.jpg

Baron Kurtz said:
Are there any markings on the underside?

Yes, the zipper undersides look like this... making them a mix between two styles presented on the excellent page you posted the url to. Thanks!
Steel_zipper_detail2.jpg

Brass_zipper_detail2.jpg

Open question: What do one wear together with a jacket like this? [huh]

Cheers!
/F

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner