Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wow... an actual, legit Second Chance Offer!

A

Ande1963

I get bogus second chance spam all the time. So often, in fact, that I almost didn't take THIS ONE seriously. But, I clicked over to my My eBay page, and saw that this offer was legit, and jumped on it.

f14c_1.JPG

It looks like a lovely hat, and I don't have anything with this exact kind of ribbon. I hope it's darker than my OTHER ADAM, giving me a good excuse to keep both!

Pics and specs to come when it arrives!

Anj

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Ande1963 said:
I get bogus second chance spam all the time. So often, in fact, that I almost didn't take it seriously. But, I clicked over to my My eBay page, and saw that this offer was legit, and jumped on it.

It looks like a lovely hat, and I don't have anything with this exact kind of ribbon. I hope it's darker than my OTHER ADAM, giving me a good excuse to keep both!

Pics and specs to come when it arrives!

Anj

Outstanding! Looks like fortune has smile on you again! :eusa_clap

Just one question... do you really need an excuse? :D

Cheers,
Tom

barrowjh

One Too Many
Looks too darned nice to be just a wool felt - why would someone invest in a bound edge for a wool felt? The ribbon treatment and other details suggest a time period when fur would have been preferred (no pun intended). could the seller be mistaken? Doesn't matter - its beautiful. Classy hat!

A

Ande1963

Got the hat, and of course it's not "wool felt". It's a really lovely dark brown vintage felt. The top of the liner is a little scuzzy (I'll clean it with alcohol tomorrow), but other than that, the thing is almost pristine. It is darker than I thought. The seller took his photos with a flash, which really messed up the actual color.

The crown is a little bigger than what I usually wear, but I'm getting used to it. Although the ribbon isn't quite right, I think this is my "Indiana Jones" hat now!

Anj

adam_dark.jpg

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a great looking lid! And it's always nice to hear an Ebay story that comes out to one of the Lounger's benefit. Too often it they got ripped off or things never arrived or someone wimped out on an auction because they didn't get enough money or when whatever arrived it was in horrible condition. It looks way better in your photos than the originals. Congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran