Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yip, yip, yip Martians

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
OH YESS you found the "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12" song! That was one of the hilights of the show for me as a kid; when visiting family, it inspired the tradition on rainy days of my cousin and me spending the better part day constructing elaborate "marble runways" from tape, cardboard, and stuff around the house. lol Man I'd almost forgotten about all that, what a trip...

Swing High,
- C H

Rosie

One Too Many
I loved this when I was a kid. I will admit to occasionally watching Sesame Street now, you know, for nostalgic reasons, it's different but every so often, they throw on one of those older cartoons like the 12345 song, b is bubble and the "we all sing with the same voice" song.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I grew up watching the Muppet Show and also Sesame Street... the Sesame Street we know today is pretty lame to what I recall growing up with! Too PC and really... well, just watch Elmo and you'll get the just! I remember back in the day, Mark Hamel (Luke Skywalker) guest stared... also C3-PO and R2-D2! It was really cool.

I have been known to watch Sesame Street now and again on Noggin... they play it super late at night for some reason. Yeah, I watch it for nostalgia purposes... any one remember the real early episodes? Oscar the Grouch was Orange and Big Bird's beak was really wide... also, Grover was dark brown... scary! He looked like a mutated cat turd! All hairy and stuff!lol lol lol Those were the days!

=WR=

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Wild Root said:
Grover was dark brown... scary! He looked like a mutated cat turd! All hairy and stuff!lol lol lol Those were the days!

=WR=

lol lol lol lol
Ok, you almost mad me do a spit take all over my monitor. That was the funniest thing I've heard all day!! I'm still hurting. Thanks for the great laugh Root! And yes, I remember the early stuff.

Cheers!

Dan

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
HEY KIDS WHAT TIME IS IT?????????????

Oh.

Its Howdy Doody time its Howdy Doody Time
lets turn to Channel 9 & watch Frankenstein.

SC lol

PS This post was for older members of the FL lol

Tafty

New in Town
Too funny. Watched Howdy Doody. Always watched Sesame Street back to back with a show called "The Electric Company". Anybody remember, "HEY YOU GUUUUYYYYYSSSSSSS....."

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Tafty said:
Too funny. Watched Howdy Doody. Always watched Sesame Street back to back with a show called "The Electric Company". Anybody remember, "HEY YOU GUUUUYYYYYSSSSSSS....."
We're gonna turn it on, we're gonna bring you the power... :)

Swing High,
- C H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy