Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Sandwiches?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I've just polished off a toasted sandwich made with the leftovers from Saturdays lamb roast and a few slices of chili havarti cheese. It was really, really good.

I love left over roast lamb sandwiches Lolly, one of my favourites, just with some good chutney.

Chas

One Too Many
The simple but indispensible BLT.
BLT+500.jpg

The Clubhouse.
clubhouse-sandwich-2.jpg

Montreal Smoked Meat. Look upon my works, ye mighty and dispair!
2120795725_63bf13695c_z.jpg

Brisket! Uuuuuchhhhgggghh.... (Homer Simpson hunger/lust sound)
11906.jpg

Last edited:

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
That roast beef sandwich sounds beautiful. I'm a great fan or smoked cheese with cold beef, good stuff.

Probably be lamb tongue sandwich today as I have a tin in the cupboard.

I don't ever think I have seen a tin of lambs tongue (or any other tongue) in my life. I remember as a kid one of my friends family raised some cows and they had cows tongues in their freezer but I have never tried a tongue.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
This looks good, but was a bit disappointing. Prawn & lobster sandwich. Sounds great, but the bread was a really sweet brioche that completely overpowered the delicate taste of the seafood. The pickle was good though.
026.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This looks good, but was a bit disappointing. Prawn & lobster sandwich. Sounds great, but the bread was a really sweet brioche that completely overpowered the delicate taste of the seafood. The pickle was good though.

Jeez, that's bad. You ordered and ate a Prawn and Lobster sandwich and commented on the PICKLE. That (Unfortunately) says a lot about their lobster and prawns. If I ordered that, and didn't taste Lobster, I'd be upset to say the least. It's sort of like ordering steak and being impressed with the Ketchup.

Later

LordBest

Practically Family
Can't go wrong with ham, cheese and(or?) mustard sandwiches, so long as the ham is good and the cheese a fine cheddar (or gruyere, I suppose). Plain, fried or toasted.

davestlouis

Practically Family
The texture of cow brain is amazing when it's done correctly...pig brains just aren't the same. Nobody around here eats lamb, haven't had any in 30+ years on my plate.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I (like probably many Kiwis of my age) was brought up on lambs brains as a baby. It was popular tucker to rear young ones on back in the day apparently.

More tongue sammies today. Damn tasty!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I am homesick today.

I want a roast beef on challah sandwich. With massive doses of kosher dill pickle. Also, the ketchup here is too sweet and I don't know why.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Sorry to her you're homesick Viola, this might help http://www.usafoods.com.au/

Aw, thanks, Lolly, I'm taking a look now.

I swear I have not been much of a baby at all generally, I really DO love it here, I just am adjusting.

We're also getting ready to move (we bought a place, woo!) and i think sometimes just being kinda overwhelmed just makes me want really random things from back home. Like Tastykakes, and also my mom. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21