Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Sandwiches?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
My favorite is simple:

Good bread, most likely toasted. I like Ezekiel 4:9 flourless, which I get a Trader Joe's:
OrganicSprouted100WholeG_071130154701_md.jpg

To that, layer:
Avocado
Swiss Cheese
Heirloom Tomato
Dijon Mustard

And you're ready to go! Sprouts would probably also be a yummy addition, and sometimes I'll add vegetarian cold cuts.

This made me hungry the other day, so I went out to the store and bought a couple avocados and some tomatoes. I used "extra extra sharp" NY cheddar, and added a couple slices of cubanelle pepper. Yum!

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
The best sandwich I have ever had to this day was called a Hamburger Sub, and it was from this hole-in-the wall called "Fat Freddy's Sub Shop" in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (my home town)

Basically it was a hamburger patty flattened out to fit a sub roll, with a homemade special sauce similar to Big Mac sauce, lettuce, tomato, pickle, mustard....
They used some good quality meat too, like butcher shop quality beef that is so fresh you could it eat it raw.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
hotrodmama0201 said:
"Fat Freddy's Sub Shop" in Fort Lauderdale
I miss Fat Freddy's. I used to have a place a few miles away, before moving south. Loved their hot pastrami sub....:essen:

DerMann

Practically Family
Probably my favourite sandwich that I've had, as of yet, is ham. Not the silly stuff they sell in delis and what not, but REAL ham, as in carved off a ham hock. Condiments can vary, as can breads, but the centre of attention is the ham. Warm or cold, it is absolutely delicious.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
When you say "extra extra", how long are we talking about for aging? I'm always on the lookout for a sharper cheddar...

Get thee to a Top Foods, sir. Just was there, and saw some three year aged cheddar in the specialty cheese section. Probably packs quite a bite.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Well, I favor a roast beef sandwich, not the Arbies Kind where its sliced. The kind my Ma makes with carrots and potatoes and it takes all day to make. I shred it like pulled pork and put it between 2 slices of bread, and eat it straight, maybe with a little Chris and Pitts BBQ sauce...makes a great lunch. I do the same with a pork roast. Good stuffs.

JennyLou

Practically Family
For lunch yesterday- the guys and I at the military vehicle museum got a sandwich called a ranchera from and argentinian deli called titos. I'm not a big fan of hot sandwiches but thise thing was awesome.

The best part was that we took out a british WWII jeep to go pick the sandwiches up. It was fun.

JJWord

Familiar Face
Grilled cheese with provolone and one thin slice of salami inside. Serve with tomato soup, dashed with parmesan cheese and black pepper on top. Mmmmmm..

Also a fan of turkey with smoked gouda on rye. Add various veggies as my taste suits that day.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
I LOVE GRILLED CHEESE!!! I put provolone, cheddar, colby jack, and maybe some swiss in between some sourdough slices that I've buttered and dusted with parmesan...when cooked the parmesan makes a great crust and adds a smoky nutty flavor thats really satisfying. And the swiss compliments it well with the buttery texture.

Lillemor

One Too Many
If I must eat sandwich then I prefer it with smoked salmon. I prefer dark whole grain bread open though. I'm quite traditional Danish that way. On Dark bread I prefer fish filet, mayonaise, shrimp, caviar, and white asparagus or in other words; a shooting star.

Now you're making me hungry!:mad: lol

SayCici

Practically Family
Chickpea cutlets or grilled tofu
Any kind of garlic-y pesto
Baguette

Simple. Good. The other day I had a very good sandwich at a restaurant - zucchini and sundried-tomato pesto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran