Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zip Sleeves on the Outer Wrist

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
The pic is from "Born to Run;" but this isn't about Bruce worship. I'm not even a fan. I was just wondering if anyone on a custom jacket, and not necessarily a Perfecto/biker type, ever had the wrist zips put in on the outside. I think it's sort of old fashioned and kind of decorative, whether zipped or unzipped. I'd be interested in hearing what others think.

z.jpg

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
First of all, if I were not getting it as a MC jacket, then I would have no zip at all. But I believe you do ride, so a zip is probably something you will want. They are handy for unzipping as the day warms to allow a better flow of air through the jacket--sort of like a cabin scoop on an anchored sailboat.

I think a zipper on the outside would be more inclined to catch on objects than would a zip on the inside. As you have probably noted from my past posts, I take a pragmatic approach, rather than a fashion approach, to these jackets--and life in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot