Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BRACES (SUSPENDERS)

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I don't remember- I probably googled "how to sew on a button" a while ago when a button fell off my trenchcoat. If not that, it was probably from Thomas Mahon's blog...I wonder if he A&S style jackets have high armholes..

Siirous

One of the Regulars
Wow, heck of a number of replies really fast!

So a tailor can sew on buttons pretty easily and cheaply it appears.

But how does this look on trousers that already have beltloops?

Does wearing suspenders with empty beltloops look odd at all, or should I stick to pants without belt loops at all for showing off snazzy braces?

where there is no waistband (the fabric which forms the main part of the trousers just stops at the top) and the beltloops are "dropped" a couple of inches down from the top. "Dropped loops" generally used to describe a pair of trousers that have dropped belt loops but also a waistband, therefore not "hollywood". Sinatra wore a lot of hollywood waisted trousers.

bk

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
my.php

i *think* it's this ^^^

the rear part of the adjuster is attatched to a length of elastic which disappears into a 'tunnel'.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Don't the DAKs pants have a self belt that is attached at the sides of the waist and still buckles in the front?? by the way we are going :eek:fftopic:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Where can I pick a pair of these babies up?

Pointers please on where to find such beautiful babes to hold my pants up for me. Thanks in advance!! (love the collections),

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Nobody makes better braces than Albert Thurston. Thurston makes for many high-end haberdashers, who often double the price. They are quite accommodating with special orders as well.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Salv and Tomasso...gents that you are!

Thanks so much gents, I really appreciate the help! Oh and Salv, I cannot wait sir to meet you at the end of the month :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner