Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Correspondence - Find a Pen Pal

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
Well I got my first letter in the post, and I now need to write my correspondent something back!

So its up and running as a project.:eusa_clap

I just need one more person to join the project and I'll have a pen pal. I have my letter all written and such already.

Jon

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oops ...

Well, I've been checking my mailbox for the past couple of weeks waiting on my list of names and addresses, when today realized that the names and addresses were sent last week via e-mail; so to the two folks I am supposed to write (and haven't), please forgive my tardiness. Your letters will be on their way shortly.

I guess you need to change my name from "Big Man" to "Big Dummy". :eek:

Caledonia

Practically Family
Apologies to anybody to whom I am "attached". I haven't recieved notification of anybody yet other than a PM attachment with whom I am corresponding. Buuuuut, I may have deleted the email as "junk". Oops:eek: have emailed to request confirmation. So, if by great misfortune you have been allotted moi, I will get back to you as soon as I find out who you are. That is a completely nonsensical explanation, I admit! :eek:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Caledonia said:
Apologies to anybody to whom I am "attached". I haven't recieved notification of anybody yet other than a PM attachment with whom I am corresponding. Buuuuut, I may have deleted the email as "junk". Oops:eek: have emailed to request confirmation. So, if by great misfortune you have been allotted moi, I will get back to you as soon as I find out who you are. That is a completely nonsensical explanation, I admit! :eek:

Hi,
I can send the email again if you like. PM me your email address, and off it shall go.

LD

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Caledonia said:

Better put on another pot of bourbon!

Irena

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:

:eek:fftopic: I must continue with this little side-topic.

Several years ago (sophomore year in high-school) I built a winch for physics class. My partner and I decided that, since we (of course) were the best (and we had a little extra time) to decorate and name our creation. Off to the computer we went to print of a lovely dragon, which we transfered to our winch. Then the name. First, we found a nice, strong-sounding Old Norse name in the baby-name book, Hamar, "a symbol of ingenuity in man." Then Jason, with a little lightbulb twinkling above him, cried "Trogdor!" How perfectly they fit together: Trogdor Hamar. I've always wondered where Jason found that name, and now I know! The End.

And now that you've endured my storytelling, I will continue by putting away my :eek:fftopic: banner.

To my pen-pals who are wondering whether I've fallen down a mineshaft: Do not fear! Letters will be sent off tomorrow!

P.S. I'm really in a very good mood. Can anyone tell?

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
The "project" is going fine I would say. The letters I´ve received so far have been really great and it´s always such a pleasant surprise to find one in my mailbox.

Irena, what was it like down the mineshaft? ;) Hope all is well with you! I´m very much looking forward to your letter and don´t worry about the delay. :)

P.S.: That dragon-cartoon was hilarious! :eusa_clap

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
homestarrunner_1907_2373329

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html

Strongbad is the man! and you can write to him too! :D

LD

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Apologies to the people I was assigned, and to the person who wrote me - I got them all, then got slammed at work. I've been very tired, but tomorrow I'm going to send/reply for sure. Sorry. :(

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Terribly sorry..

I'm just now catching wind of the pen pal phenomenon... how do I get a pen pal? PM me if you want my address and want to correspond, or let me know who I need to contact. This sounds fun!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mr_Misanthropy said:
I'm just now catching wind of the pen pal phenomenon... how do I get a pen pal? PM me if you want my address and want to correspond, or let me know who I need to contact. This sounds fun!

If you look earlier in the thread, youll see what I did. eMail me and add yourself to the list (a new list rather). Others have shown interest, and when there are enough new people (4 or so), Ill send out another list.

LD

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
If you look earlier in the thread, youll see what I did. eMail me and add yourself to the list (a new list rather). Others have shown interest, and when there are enough new people (4 or so), Ill send out another list.

LD

I hope there are new people as I'd really like a pen pal. :)

Jon

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Atomic Glee said:
Apologies to the people I was assigned, and to the person who wrote me - I got them all, then got slammed at work. I've been very tired, but tomorrow I'm going to send/reply for sure. Sorry. :(

I think that this is one of the joys of using real post for penpals and not to be apologized for.

There is nothing better then getting a letter when you have no idea when it might arrive, it cannot be tracked by USPS tracking numbers.

And then, as if by magic, it arrives on a day the recipient needs a pick me up or a smile. And so what you see as a failure to write, is really the universe making sure that person gets cheered up on a day they really need it.

Denise

magneto

Practically Family
Apologies...

...for not yet sending out letters to my pen-pals (insert usual life-distraction story here). Fortunately this afternoon is free, the typewriter is oiled, and the envelopes and stamps are waiting at the side of the desk. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24