Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebbets Field baseball jackets

tonypaj

Practically Family
Does anyone know why this item

http://www.ebbets.com/product/NewYorkBlackYankees/jackets

says 'Hebrew Orphans Society' on the back?

Great web site. I enjoyed looking at everything, especially the baseball jerseys.

No clue about the jacket and what it says. However, I did pay over a hundred bucks 20 years ago for a Brooklyn Tip Tops jersey, and I thought I was nuts. Today I'm happy to have it. I'm really curious to know if anyone has any experience with the jackets.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Got today a NY Black Yankees jacket and a jersey (and as freebie a cap). The jacket sizes on different sides of the pond continue to amaze and confuse me. I'm 6 feet tall, weigh about 180 pounds, and it seems that these days I need to order size M in the US and XL in Europe.

My jacket is size L, but a size too big for me. I'll have it modified a bit locally, no problem there. The jacket is reasonably good quality, the leather in the sleeves a bit thin, but otherwise no major complaints, and I love the mismatched colors, light brown and dark blue.

The jersey is just great, I could not be happier with it. A bit on the big side, as well (you guys all fat there or what...), but that is not a problem with this kind of garment. The details are good, the quality good, one of my better buys lately.

The cap went to my son. Too full a cut, he likes it that way with his mop of hair, wheras I am bald...

Last edited:

schmitty8

New in Town
I own 3 EFF jackets with one on the way. The jerseys, caps and jackets are all awesome. Especially the authentic wool baseball flannel.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hello!

Sorry for grabbing out this "old" thread, but I am on the way to order one of their Autentic Jackets.

Can anyone tell me the measurements of his jacket in size M (shoulder, pit2pit, sleeves from shoulder-seam to end of cuff).

I know the company would send the measurements but I'd like to compare them with a "real" jacket ...

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Johannes

GregO

One of the Regulars
I have one of their flannels that I received as a gift -- really nice shirt. Very happy with it. Its just about on par with the Mitchell & Ness stuff I have, but at a significantly lower price point.

CBI

One Too Many
If you like vintage clothes (and you all do) you owe it to yourselves to check out Ebbets Field Flannels. They are to vintage sports clothing what Good Wear is to WW2 era jackets, or Aero is to vintage leather styles. The quality is top notch and the guys at EFF are great to order from. I have owned a number of their products and the quality is superb. If you wear baseball caps, get one of theirs and you will never be satisfied with a “modern” one again. Fine quality t-shirts, yes, the jackets are good. The jerseys are SUPER!!!!

EFF has done a lot to make the early years of baseball better known to the general public. Interest in their products led me to spend some time learning about the early years of baseball - pretty interesting. Beware, these products can be quite the conversation starters as no one knows who these teams were. I always get asked (but do my homework). Its been funny as people who I know see me wearing a really cool jersey, ask about what team it is and are surprised I know so much about it when in fact, I really don’t even like sports! Every time I wore my House of David baseball cap, I got asked about it. This team was THE most interesting in the history of the game. Babe Ruth wanted to play for them.

Check EFF out..............

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Thanks for the thread revival... I'm really curious about this outfit now.

Worf

So am I!

Interestingly they can't do even the smallest changes like make the sleeves 1" longer. So they don't be able to influence the production ...

Wonder where they have the jackets produced.

Might not be USA... I guess

Regards,

Johannes

Last edited:

Jack Vincennes

New in Town
So am I!

Interestingly they can't do even the smallest changes like make the sleeves 1" longer. So they don't be able to influence the production ...

"Wonder where they have the jackets produced."

Gents, while I'm a pinstripe suit and bowtie guy at the office, a pair of well worn khakis, loafers, an oxford due well to end the work day by tossing the ball around the capital lawn before drinks. But, there is a certain feel to do it wearing an Ebbets jacket and cap. I've been working with them for 25 years and they are extremely good at what they do. I can not say enough about the company and their commitment to authenticity. I have done research for them. All, all of the their products are made on site by hand by a cadre of lovely Seattle young ladies in the heart of the city. This genre lost a great friend in the old Cooperstown Ballcap Co, that did one off custom of any thing you wanted. I have every Cubs cap that they wore between 1906 and 1945. They have now regrouped as the Ideal Cap Co, the quality is the same but the offerings are different. They also make everything in house. Also chances are if you speak with someone on the phone the probability that the person you are speaking with is either the owner or the person making your garment are high (note also if you want a historically false mod, they won't do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo