Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the smokers in the lounge

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Baggers said:
Gimme a break, fer cryin' out loud. Even my doctor just shrugged his shoulders and said that it wasn't enough to worry about. Besides, I enjoy it. Just for that, I'm going out and smoking number four before turning in for the night. :D

Cheers!

Good for you. We should all have the right and freedom to enjoy our own lives as we please without interference from nannies who think they know what's best for us.

Travis

Suspended
The word I got about Lucky Strikes

In the last few weeks I've switched from smoking primarily Camel Filters to finding the Lucky Strike filters. I've always loved the taste, but decided I wanted to have that taste more often. I remember some discussion in this thread a while back about not being able to find Luckies anymore, and I even commented that I see the non-filters and the lights far more than the filters. I'd been lucky and had been buying the last pack or two that places had of the filters when I found them. The other day, however, I went to the local cigar store and asked for Luckies. The gentleman who works there, who I've always found to be very knowledgable about things of this sort, informed me that Lucky Strikes, especially the filters, were being discontinued, that the manufacturer had decided to cease all shipments west of the Mississippi. We than got into a discussion about smokers' rights and whatnot, a subject I am very passionate about. So, that's what's up with Luckies, from my source at least. I tried to search the internet for a contact for Lucky Strike but had no luck. I placed an order for some cartons on the internet. Maybe nobody wants fine tobacco anymore. Afterall, L.S.M.F.T (Lucky Strke Means Fine Tobacco).

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Bunnies Playing Poker

BunniesPlayingPoker.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
By The Way

If ever any of you find yourselves traveling through North Carolina on I77, do NOT miss stopping at the JR Cigar outlet. The walk-in humidor was as big as an old Woolworth. Plus there's lots of non-tobacco stuff outside that area for other family members to keep occupied while you walk among thousands of cigar boxes, the coolest humidors imaginable, tools, gadgets, pipes, etc. WELL worth the stop.

JR Cigars

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
BegintheBeguine said:
Players are still made. Loved watching their team race at Watkin's Glen.
When my dad was in the UK during and after WWII he'd see signs for "Players, Please". He told me he thought the shop was calling for card players, not advertising a cigarette. He never smoked. What a polite ad.

When did you see them race at the Glen?? A couple hours from me but worth it. I go once a year, labor day weekend, to see the SCVRA races. Nice vintage event. All of the old racers line the streets in town for a show, then do a few laps around the old road race circuit.

It's about the only time I get up to the finger lakes area but when I do I'm sure to relax a couple of the wineries and just take in the view- with a glass of good cab in one hand and an H. Upmann in the other. What more could one ask for?!?:D

panamag8or

Practically Family
Well, this thread has convinced me to go the MYO route. What are some tobacco reccommendations that taste good, and make the people around me say "hey, what is that"?

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
not a regular smoker but if i do: Lucky Strikes with a Red Apple case(yes the brand from Tarantinos films) and lit with either a custom flat black zippo, two recently acquired Lotus torch flame lighters or Fedora Lounge matches...
usually do cigars and pipe though...or roll 'em...

panamag8or

Practically Family
Well, I did it. Excel machine, pouch of 'baccer, and 2 cases of tubes. If they get it out early enough, I should have it on Saturday.

panamag8or

Practically Family
Of course, it didn't get here today.:rage: So, I went and paid for priority mail delivery, and I would have gotten it just as fast with regular shipping.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jezebels!

And dammit, they stopped making them last year!
Art Deco packaging. Lovely tobacco, scented in violet, rose, amber or gardenia. Each one a different color.
I haven't found a satisfactory substitute yet.

rkwilker

One Too Many
Scotrace is correct. I live about 30 minutes from the JR's that you referenced. Nice cigar outlet with a good selection at reasonable prices. Makes for a good sunday afternoon drive. Put the top down, cruise to JR's for some of my favorite puros. Enjoy a good smoke on the way home.

rkwilker said:
Scotrace is correct. I live about 30 minutes from the JR's that you referenced. Nice cigar outlet with a good selection at reasonable prices. Makes for a good sunday afternoon drive. Put the top down, cruise to JR's for some of my favorite puros. Enjoy a good smoke on the way home.

I know what you mean. However, I only wish I lived close enough to drive over there and check it out. I do it via catalog. [huh] :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran