Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hand gun ownership in the U.S.

How many HAND guns do you own?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to 5.

• 6 to 10.

• 11 to 25.

• 26 to 50, or more.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
SHACKED, young lady! Two points to the aspiring Pistolera From Philly...

It was the .44 AutoMag. Desert Eagles, while cool, don't say a particular guy to me.

That and I am a big ol' Punisher fan-girl, so I kinda am drifting towards his predecessors.

Frank could sure use a signature gun...let me get Marvel on the phone...:D

-Viola

Viola said:
It was the .44 AutoMag. Desert Eagles, while cool, don't say a particular guy to me.

That and I am a big ol' Punisher fan-girl, so I kinda am drifting towards his predecessors.

But Stan Lee at Marvel's a big Leftie, so...

I have quite a few of the early Bolans, if you ever get out to Seattle let me know and I'll lend you some for the duration of your stay. I got in at about #185 and quit at about #250 or so... you can only kill the JFK-assassination conspirators so many times, y'know?

Not a comics guy, but I admire ol' Punny for attitude and mindset--should be required reading in Boot Camp IMO...:eek: lol

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Viola said:

-Viola
Okay, what guns did the character Rick in "The Mummy" have? (I want one)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
Not a comics guy, but I admire ol' Punny for attitude and mindset--should be required reading in Boot Camp IMO...:eek: lol

Punisher as a title varies a tremendous amount by writer. The Garth Ennis run of Punisher, for instance, is graphic, unnecessarily violent, and on occasion pretty disgusting... I really like it, and recommend it to others! :D

If you can get into the graphic format at all, you might like Ennis's style. He's got interesting takes on the military. Hitman was really good too, he wrote that incredibly obscure but wildly entertaining (to me, anyway) character at DC.

-Viola

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Okay, what guns did the character Rick in "The Mummy" have? (I want one)

He had a couple .45 revolvers it looked like, and a shotgun, and a Tommygun....I'm all out of specifics, I need to see that movie again.

"I prefer the Thompson." - Ardeth Bey, The Mummy 2.

-Viola

Miss Viola, maybe you should check out the Punisher game--one of my local bookstore's clerks called it "very Ennis"--granted, he was also trying to sell me on some of the collected volumes of Ennis' Punisher, but...

Also, the Hitman series might interest you, but the original is rather buggy, although I found H2's story rather inspirational.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
Miss Viola, maybe you should check out the Punisher game--one of my local bookstore's clerks called it "very Ennis"--granted, he was also trying to sell me on some of the collected volumes of Ennis' Punisher, but...

Also, the Hitman series might interest you, but the original is rather buggy, although I found H2's story rather inspirational.

The original? H2? I'm not sure we're talking about the same storyline or if we got caught on a matching title. There was an older version of a storyline set in DC's Gotham City?

-Viola

Maj.Nick Danger said:
Yes I know what you mean. I like the vintage looking guns best. If I come across something old and unusual for a good price, I will probably buy it.

When I first started collecting....I bought a couple of lightly engraved small pin fire chromed revolvers with curved butterscotch ivory grips. $75 a piece 15 yrs ago. I put them in a shadowbox lined in antiqued leather along with several original Marshall..Sheriff..and Texas Ranger badges. Every time I look at that display I remember how lucky I was to come across those offerings. The quite large "Dealer Only" gun show in Cleveland,Ohio was a unique venue back then. Dealers could take guests. A great place to find unusual items. Buyers came from all over the world.
HD

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
HoosierDaddy said:
When I first started collecting....I bought a couple of lightly engraved small pin fire chromed revolvers with curved butterscotch ivory grips. $75 a piece 15 yrs ago. I put them in a shadowbox lined in antiqued leather along with several original Marshall..Sheriff..and Texas Ranger badges. Every time I look at that display I remember how lucky I was to come across those offerings. The quite large "Dealer Only" gun show in Cleveland,Ohio was a unique venue back then. Dealers could take guests. A great place to find unusual items. Buyers came from all over the world.
HD
I live right around the corner. They don't have that particular show here anymore?

Maj.Nick Danger said:
I live right around the corner. They don't have that particular show here anymore?

Don't know Maj. Danger
Last time I was there was in the mid '90s...but they might. It was at a convention center. So large...they had isles prob 100' long...starting alphabetically A thru Z...then they'd start at AA thru ZZ. Alot of walking!
Sadly right before I stopped going and collecting...they brought in alot of flea marketlike stuff..but that also happened at alot of reg gun shows as well. I haven't been to a gun show in prob around 10 yrs.
HD

Viola said:
The original? H2? I'm not sure we're talking about the same storyline or if we got caught on a matching title. There was an older version of a storyline set in DC's Gotham City?
I was referring to the Hitman: Codename 47 series, dear lady. Silent Assassin (Hitman 2; 47 trying to leave his past behind, but returns to rescue a friend) and Blood Money (47 having to outdo someone trying to take him out) were the best two IMO. Nope, not the DC series, but the Hitman character in both threw me on a tangent.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I went to my first gun show this year, it was pretty fun. All the guys with the tables were really nice. It was big, and completely packed, though, and not a whole lot of room in the aisles. I got knocked staggering once, almost fell in the crowd.

The show itself was fun though, and there's always going to be that one running guy who apparently doesn't know he's wearing a backpack in every crowd anywhere. (Do the bags walk on the ceiling and weightlessly latch onto passerby? NO ONE KNOWS! lol )

-Viola

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
HoosierDaddy said:
Don't know Maj. Danger
Last time I was there was in the mid '90s...but they might. It was at a convention center. So large...they had isles prob 100' long...starting alphabetically A thru Z...then they'd start at AA thru ZZ. Alot of walking!
Sadly right before I stopped going and collecting...they brought in alot of flea marketlike stuff..but that also happened at alot of reg gun shows as well. I haven't been to a gun show in prob around 10 yrs.
HD
That sounds like the IX Center. Used to be a tank plant during WW2, so that's why it's so enormous. I know what you mean about the flea market stuff. I went to one last winter at the fairgrounds, lots of guys with way-overpriced collectibles that could be had on ebay for less.:mad:

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
I was referring to the Hitman: Codename 47 series, dear lady. Silent Assassin (Hitman 2; 47 trying to leave his past behind, but returns to rescue a friend) and Blood Money (47 having to outdo someone trying to take him out) were the best two IMO. Nope, not the DC series, but the Hitman character in both threw me on a tangent.

I bet yours doesn't have X-ray vision or a history involving throwing up on Batman, either! :p ;)

-Viola

Viola said:
I bet yours doesn't have X-ray vision or a history involving throwing up on Batman, either! :p ;)
No, the series I referred to was a lot more real-world than DC's, aside from being a genetically-engineered clone. Although thermal-imaging might come close...
Maj.Nick Danger said:
You two are such uber-geek, comic freaks! :rolleyes: lol lol lol
Worse--some would say "gamer", even though I use them as serious tactical simulations! :eek: lol

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Maj.Nick Danger said:
You two are such uber-geek, comic freaks! :rolleyes: lol lol lol

Pretty sure that when it comes to comics-geekery, I make Diamondback look well-adjusted.

-Viola

Maj.Nick Danger said:
That sounds like the IX Center. Used to be a tank plant during WW2, so that's why it's so enormous. I know what you mean about the flea market stuff. I went to one last winter at the fairgrounds, lots of guys with way-overpriced collectibles that could be had on ebay for less.:mad:

Yes!..That's the place!
HD

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Aaaagh! Miniatures! YOU GEEK! :D

...scale railroad stuff is totally cool though, I don't care what anyone says. If only I had a HUGE BUCKET OF MONEY for that stuff, I'd be set. [huh]

Quigley's rifle in Quigley Down Under was pretty awesome (and vintage, though a little more than the Lounge requires) and I'm not just saying that because I love Tom Selleck.

-Viola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic