• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Discussion in 'Hats' started by handlebar bart, Feb 28, 2009.

1. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

The more I look at it, the more I would love a shirt from that material. If I had the $$$, I would try my darndest to offer enough $$$ to your lovely Tina to make me one!

Can you imagine cruising Route 66 in a classic car wearing that shirt!??! Bucket list dreams....

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. Same here, except in a perfect world I'd like one of each--light background for those hotter summery months, dark background for the colder wintery months. :cool:

FedOregon likes this.
  3. GHT

GHT My Mail is Forwarded Here

We are getting packed up ready to go to the Goodwood Revival. So today it has to be the MG shirt. I've posted it before but the work that went into it makes it deserve another airing. Tina found the fabric, it's been screen printed which, disappointingly, has a faded appearance. No matter. While she was making the shirt I had MG lapel pins turned into buttons, a process that took as long to do as the shirt did to make. You will see from the photos, the work in progress, a close up of the detail, the buttons, Esther's finest effort that is the hat and the shoes. Oh, and the finished product.
    MG Shirt 004.JPG MG Shirt 006.JPG MG Shirt 001.JPG MG Shirt 002.JPG MG Shirt 003.JPG MG Shirt 014.jpg

4. Samuel

Samuel A-List Customer

Any thoughts? I want one.

FedOregon, Zombie_61 and Redfokker like this.
  5. Samuel

Samuel A-List Customer

Those shoes though...bomb!

FedOregon, Zombie_61 and Redfokker like this.
  6. I don't think I've seen the MG buttons before. They are the cherry on top for sure. Makes me want to do the same thing, although my wife is not as skilled as yours (shhhh, don't let her hear that...) I think Mercedes Benz fabric and my collection of pins might be just the ticket.
    European MB Hat Pins 650x.jpg

FedOregon and Zombie_61 like this.
  7. In this case I think the "faded" appearance actually works in it's favor. The overall design is more subtle, like pencil sketches rather than the harsh bright colors of a computer-generated computer-printed "Hey, look at me!" poster found on the bedroom wall of a young car enthusiast.

Redfokker likes this.
  8. GHT

Red, you can't touch your pin collection, it would be a sacrilege. What you could do though, is buy a set of Mercedes lapel pins. I've found three different sorts. My guess is that the first two would be too big to double up as buttons but the third would be ideal. And I have found a wonderful fabric too, it depicts a Mercedes from the very early days of motoring. Do come back and show us the result.
    merc lapel pin 1.jpg merc lapel pin 2.jpg merc lapel pin 3.jpg merc lapel pin 4.jpg

Thank you for such a kind compliment. It would seem that MG enthusiasts share your observation. The shirt went down so well at The Goodwood Revival.

9. I agree, the black lapel pins would make a great set of buttons. I have one of this style, a little large for a button though. But that fabric! I could just get a few yards and wear it as a toga! Now there is a image you don't need in your head...

FedOregon and Zombie_61 like this.
  10. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

;)

Redfokker likes this.
  11. Too late. :confused:

:D

Redfokker and FedOregon like this.
  12. GHT

Remember this shirt?
    aloha 020.JPG
    You guys are so complimentary about Tina's work, and about the shirts that she has made. This company sells shirts like mine, they are probably not hand made, but they do look to be good value.
    http://www.alohaland.com/pinup-girls-guys/senoritas
    aloha 082.JPG
    http://www.alohaland.com/pinup-girls-guys/black-woody-girls
    old photos 151.JPG
    http://www.alohaland.com/pinup-girls-guys/green-nature-girl
    There's quite a collection to trawl through, as yet, I haven't come across the popular: Route 66, but if you find it, do share.

13. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

Thanks.

Redfokker likes this.
  14. Bookmarked. Thanks.