Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heart attack {Chief000731 Carl}

53Effie

A-List Customer
I'm really glad to hear that Carl is doing well. Having worked through some heart issues myself, though nowhere near as serious as Carl's; I know it can be a difficult time. There is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel though. My thoughts are with you both and I wish Carl a speedy recovery.

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
Very happy to hear Carl is on the mend. Sounds like he underwent CABG, which since the 80's has seen dramatic improvement in outcomes. Really wishing you both all the best- lots of support here.

Chief000731

Practically Family
Now that I know my husband is going to be OK I feel much better I am going to hospital in the morning they said I could stay with him longer tomorrow for the first 24hrs they only let you see him for a second then they run you off. He look just awful but he never looked better to me, (if that makes any sense to anybody) I'm just so glad he is OK I don't care how he looks is what I'm trying to say. I will try and message everybody individually and thank them but for now I hope you understand if I do it with this post. THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING! I couldn't have gone through this with out talking to you all and your kind words thoughts and prayers, I love you all. It's been a very emotional time for me and his family. Thank you and good night Sandi P.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
It's the hardest on you. When I had my heart attack I put my faith in God and my doctors and I was very peaceful. My wife has told me she was a wreck. God bless you and the chief I hope you both have many years of hat buying ahead of you.

Jeff

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I have very recently joined the Lounge, and from following this thread I could not have done better in choosing a crowd to hang with. You each have shown a little light in a dark period in a members life. God bless you all.

Now that I know my husband is going to be OK I feel much better I am going to hospital in the morning they said I could stay with him longer tomorrow for the first 24hrs they only let you see him for a second then they run you off. He look just awful but he never looked better to me, (if that makes any sense to anybody) I'm just so glad he is OK I don't care how he looks is what I'm trying to say. I will try and message everybody individually and thank them but for now I hope you understand if I do it with this post. THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING! I couldn't have gone through this with out talking to you all and your kind words thoughts and prayers, I love you all. It's been a very emotional time for me and his family. Thank you and good night Sandi P.

Please don't take too much time sending individual messages to us, leastwise not until things get back to "normal" in your and Carl's life.

It sounds like the height of the crisis is behind you, and that's just great, but having one's chest cracked open and his heart poked around with can leave a guy feeling like he's been run over by a truck. For most people, though (most people I've talked about it with, at any rate), there's great relief that they survived and indeed have an earthly future. But a guy sure can get tired of being a pincushion. It seems like they're poking you every five minutes for the first coupla-three days post-op.

Last edited:

Chaps

One of the Regulars
Sandi, thank you so much for keeping us updated. You and Carl are in our prayers. We are so glad he is doing well.

I am very proud to be part of such an awesome Family here on this Lounge. Just reading the posts and seeing the generosity of good people warms my spirit.

Mystic

Practically Family

Haven't been on the Lounge since last week, so I just read about Chief's health problem.

Sad to hear about his health scare. But, good to hear he's doing better and on the way to recovery.

The positive thoughts coming from Lounger's from all parts of the country and from other country's as well will do wonders for Carl's recovery.

TipTop

Practically Family
Again, Hail to the Chief! And Ruffles and Flourishes to you Sandi for your steadfast faith and hope! Better days are coming!

Chief000731

Practically Family
Well I just got home I spent a lot of tiime with Carl today he's awake and talking a little very tired and weak they had him sitting up (in bed) when I got there. The Drs. said he was going to be just fine he HAS to quit smoking no maybes he HAS too! I know Carl wants to quit he has tried several times. He seemed down and depressed the dr said that was normal he is still on a lot of meds and will be for a little longer I know it will take a while for his strength to build back up I didn't expect him to be up and walking around but I thought well I don't know what I really thought I just wish there was something I could do for him but I know there isn't anything except being there for him and emotional support. He just looks so lost and lifeless I want him back to his old self without the health problems. I know I can't let him see the worry or fear in me or my expressions so it is a little difficult I will be more prepared tomorrow I just miss my husband. I will post more later thank you all for listening to me, I know we all have problems, if there is anything that I can do for any of you please just let me know. You have all been so kind so if I can help anybody please let me know. I will post more later when I can be more constructive. Thank you Sandi P.

capnwes

Familiar Face
Thanks for the update Sandi. You can help us by helping Carl through recovery. So glad to here he is on the right track. Keep your chin up, each day will get easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy