Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I hate summer.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh yeah, Root! What was all that about? I drove past a time 'n temp display at the North Hollywood Toyota dealership on my way home from work night before last, and it said 85 degrees, and it was 2:30AM!

And Riverside was a steam bath yesterday! It felt like Hawaii!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Tony in Tarzana said:
Oh yeah, Root! What was all that about? I drove past a time 'n temp display at the North Hollywood Toyota dealership on my way home from work night before last, and it said 85 degrees, and it was 2:30AM!

And Riverside was a steam bath yesterday! It felt like Hawaii!

Heat getting you down?

You might consider a different coat.

Or no coat.

Just a suggestion. ;)

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Ouch!

032.jpg

http://www.eggs.ab.ca/kids/Tricks/eggtrick007.htm

Wild Root said:
Ha! You were lucky!!! Yesterday it reached 114 and only cooled down to a simmering 80+ all night long!

Yeah, summer wasn't so bad till this month... I HATE SUMMER!!!

=WR=

Oh geez, toughen up. :p It was not much cooler up here. I was basking in it. WooHoo! Summer like I remember it. :eusa_clap The previous ten years have been uncharacteristically cold up here.

Regards,

J

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
I feel like the tempurature never has any reason to be above 75. And that's vacation weather. Ideal for me is 55-65. 25 and below is cold, but I'd much rather it be 10 then 90. But then the school rains on my parade and turns the heat up in all of the buildings to at least 70, wasting precious energy so that I have to take off my tweed so everyone else can wear gym shorts and flip-flops in the middle of a Maine winter.\

I can't sleep in hot weather, but I can't help but sleep soundly and wake up nice and sharp in freezing weather.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
112 here yesterday at the parents' place (looking for an apartment at the moment). It got so hot that I finally broke down and bought some shorts this morning. Ask anyone that knows me well, and they'll probably never recall seeing me in shorts.

I dunno, still doesn't feel like the heat in Wichita Falls, TX. Enough humidity to make you feel like a hot, wet dishrag after 5 minutes outside! I was still wearing jeans right up to the day I left...

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ghos7a55assin said:
IMG_3367-vi.jpg

It felt very Great Gatsby to be at the beach on the Long Island Sound.

Oh my gosh, I seriously thought this was a pic of Daniel Riser for a second. I'm thinking it would be quite frightening if you two actually met in person. lol

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's just WAY too hot this year in So. Cal. Remember our "real" summer comes in September so I wonder what that's going to be like.:eusa_doh:

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:
That's what you should have worn yesterday! lol I have to find some decent Hawaiian shirts, ala From Here to Eternity. Yesterday at the Mission Inn convinced me of that! And some lighter linen pants.

http://www.avantishirts.com/jsp/product_detail.jsp?productid=256

http://www.coolhawaiianshirts.com/c...id=9721255.3713*Sw1d05&next=45&product=MSHIRT

http://historypreservation.com/hpassociates/sunsurf.php
Or you can ask if they have any out of print Sun-Surf repro's of the movie shirts. (They're not cheap)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
cookie - from Manly Australia - Playground of the Pacific

I recently asked Pete of eBay 'Bookster' fame and asked him how come he has no beautiful Irish linen vintage suits. His view is that linen wears out and does not have a resale vintage value unlike hard wearing wool.

Any view on this guys and gals?

I think some of the nicest vintage linen/cotton clothes would be in one of my favourite films "the English Patient".

I have seen some stuff on someone winning an Oscar or someaward for the clothes.

But try as I might I cannot find anything where you can see the designs etc or copy them yourself.

The other thing is why the Palm Beach cloth is not being reproduced somewhere in America - why is this so or am I wrong?

Happy New year to all you Lounge Lizards from Down Under where summer is already raging and the cricket test in Melbourne has 90 000 spectators.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana

You have not been watching some old Hawaiian Eye episodes have you ? You look like (the unfortunately named ) Ponce Ponce who ran Kim's Cab!

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Memo:

TO:........Cookie; Gotro
RE:.........Welcome Aboard!

The Captain, crew, and bartenders of the SS Fedora Lounge
hereby welcome you aboard the cruise that never ends (for
people who never sleep). You may present this memo at any
of our splendiferous bars and receive a free cocktail of your
choosing.

Please remember to treat your fellow passengers with courtesy
and grace and try to keep the spitting off the rail to an absolute