Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I hate summer.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Ahh...the south Florida rainy season has finally arrived (just about a month late). The temperature today reached around 97 degrees in the shade; surface temps hover around 160. Humidity right now is about 97 percent and we just got 2-4 inches of rain (in about an hours time). Nothing like waking up and showering in the morning only to step outside and need another shower within 5 minutes! On the plus side...it's soooo nice not having crowds of snow buzzards all over the place.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
90 today.

summer1.jpg

Rosie

One Too Many
scotrace said:
"Gee Scott, have you lost weight?"​

"Well, yes, nowtchamenchunit, about 25 pounds."​

Great look Scott, very handsome.

It was about 90 here today but the heat index (look at my use of weather terminology) made it feel close to about 100 :( . I stayed cool in a great yellow cotton sundress and cute white gloves. It's going to be hotter tomorrow:( I'll stay in until evening.

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
104 here yesterday, I should have taken my girls to San Francisco yesterday so we could cool off. Although last July when johnnydnh and I went to SF to see a Giant's game it was over 100 that day, and of course our hotel had no a/c. We always stay in the vintage hotels, they have so much character - not like the ugly modern ones.

jeep44

One of the Regulars
95-100 here in Michigan this last weekend at a Civil War reenactment I attended. Wearing the full Federal wool uniform and gear,I sweated out 5 pounds in a matter of hours.:confused:

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Rosie said:
But check out the "feels like 104". Is that supposed to make you feel better? lol

lol !

Our swamp cooler will only drop the temp in our building about about 10 degrees, so my office was around 98 degrees. But it felt like 94! lol

I wish they would let us wear Burmuda shorts. I think I could pull that off!

Actually, JP, I do love it. To me it's worth it to put up with the mugginess of the monsoons for the benefits of living in the desert the rest of the year. This should only last about a month and the humidity will drop back down and we'll be fine. We still have the 115 temps of August to look forward too, though!

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Okay, 106 F here yesterday. I have a/c but it did not help. It was 95 F in my kitchen. Yuck! Also, it rained, so it was theoretically 100% humidity.

The worst part was that it cooled off to 85 while raining, but then it went back up as soon as it stopped raining even though it was 10 pm.

I just can't take it anymore...Canada or New Zealand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred