Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My customer experience with Aero Leather: What's happening?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's like every country: you get people with thick, heavy accents, and you get those who have clear, well-enunciated accents - I would happily stake one of my Aero jackets on you being able to understand me easily.
But at the verse risk of repeating myself, the Borders accent is as close to anglo-Scots as you're going to get and therefore very easy to understand.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Well, if English isn't your first language then you won't be used to the stresses and vowel sounds, so maybe that's where your issue comes from, but the idea that Scouse or Geordie accents are easier to understand is just weird...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12314149.Call_centres_grow_on_a_Scots_accent/

It's just a question of what you are used to!

When i first moved to the UK i thought every one would sound like a BBC presenter.
Imagine my surprise when i met my first Geordie, i had no idea what was being said.
Since then i have come across many weird English accents, and can usually deal with most of them.

On the other hand, in the 13 years i have been here i haven't had much interaction with Scottish or Irish people, and i have to say they are the accent i struggle with the most if they are of the thick kind.
I'm sure that if i spent a year in either country my ear would tune to the accents, but it takes some time.

I would be ready to bet that most people who speak English as a second language would find a Scottish accent harder to understand than your average Londoner.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It's like every country: you get people with thick, heavy accents, and you get those who have clear, well-enunciated accents - I would happily stake one of my Aero jackets on you being able to understand me easily.
But at the verse risk of repeating myself, the Borders accent is as close to anglo-Scots as you're going to get and therefore very easy to understand.

Last year while I was in Scotland on a Holland America cruise, Craig was going to attempt to drop by our port in Edinburgh for a face-to-face visit during the few hours our ship was docked. However, he was unable to break free from work; so we conversed by cell phone instead. I can certify that I had no problem whatsoever understanding Craig, although he did talk a bit funny with an accent that was different from mine, but far less so than someone from the Bronx. :D

barnabus

One Too Many
On the other hand, in the 13 years i have been here i haven't had much interaction with Scottish or Irish people, and i have to say they are the accent i struggle with the most if they are of the thick kind.
I'm sure that if i spent a year in either country my ear would tune to the accents, but it takes some time.
Carlos, I'm English and I've been married to an Irish girl for 14 years, and I still can't understand everything she says.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fascinating things, accents. My paternal grandparents came to Sydney from Yorkshire in the late 1920 s(with a few years stay in New Zealand where my Dad was born). My mother always told me that, while she could understand everything my grandfather said - he was from Filey on the Yorkshire coast - she lived in dread fear of my grandmother speaking because her accent was incomprehensible to Mum. And Grandmother came from Elland, only about 2 hours away from Filey.

Now if you ever wanted to hear a broad Australian accent, that was my Mother. Mine alternates between broad, when I'm talking to blokes I went to school with, and more standard for most other occasions.

I grew up next to Scots from Edinburgh and two of my best friends over the years have been from Aberdeen and Glasgow. So any Scots accent is perfectly clear to me and I've always loved the sound of the Scottish burr.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Found this thread from a while ago but thought to give it a try to post here: nothing bad first of all, just want to know what “Factory” mean in my Aero account status? Does it mean it’s being made?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy