Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Good Deeds for the Day...

MAB1

Suspended
Over the weekend I decided to rebash my O.R. and return it to thin ribbon status. So... what to do with the wide ribbon I had on it???

I called my Old buddy Jim, the proud owner of an Akubra Bushman. Jim used to be a big man, 220lbs. After breaking his back in and accident (a few years back), then later the passing of a son and then his wife... Jim now weighs about 140lbs. That Bushman looked HUMONGOUS on him. Plus comments I've heard from his friends and relatives about the hat needing a wider ribbon led up to popping that 1 1/2" ribbon on there for him.

I know it's just illusion but it doesn't look so big on him now.

I also reblocked and bashed his Panama for him.

He left here today like a giddy lil kid w/ two new hats. :D

Made my day.

MAB1

Suspended
Fedora bash. I just can't wear the cattleman's crease. I tried it that way for a while. My biggest problem is the poor condition of the hat. I think it was made in the late 70's. It's a thin stiff Stetson XXX. It looked nice when my Dad bought it new, but by the time I found it... :(

MAB1

Suspended
Colby Jack said:
:eek: What did you do to the Bushman?:eek: :rage: :D

All I did was put a wide ribbon on top of the thin one. The thin ribbon is still there.

You have to understand... It looked so big on him. The wider ribbon gives the illusion of a shorter crown. It really does. And it looks so much better on him now. 110% better.

I wanted to straighten out the brim but... he wasn't gonna let me touch that big SHWOOP he's got goin. And after all... it's HIS hat. It's a personal thing.

He's lovin that wider ribbon though. I told him he shoulda got the Squatter, in the first place. But, he fell in love w/ the Bushman pic. :)

What are ya gonna do, eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic