Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
Hello, everyone. I'm very pleased to join such an elegant community. I'm new to fine hats. Just getting started. My first good hats are Biltmore Chicago and Florence, Jaxon Ford crushable fedora, and a Mayser Dreispitz. I'm very much looking forward to meeting you all, learning, and expanding my horizons. I do believe I'll pursue a fine Panama next.

Wilkey

Ejn425

New in Town
Hello, I've been lurking here for about a year and finally decided it was time to make an account and get active. Looking forward to being part of the community!

Mathematicus

A-List Customer
Hello everyone, my name is Alessandro, I'm 24 and I'm Italian. I've a bachelor degree in mathematics and I'm studying to obtain a Master degree in Algebraic Geometry, which is a part of pure mathematics. I've too a great passion for the Golden Era and in particular for Golden Era clothing; since a year I'm more into vintage and I've collected some good suits from 1930s.
I hope to become part of this wonderful community!

Nana Brauner

New in Town
Nice to meet you all!

My name is Ana and I'm from Spain. I've always been in love with vintage eras. I'm a multi-period historical reenactor, but I'm focusing on 30s to 50s for my daily life. Currently I 'm starting to sew my own vintage clothes, but I hope to expand this style to my home, etc.

I'm an artist (I have a degree in Fine Arts), and also a recreational dancer. I love ballet, animals, antiques, vintage music and tea. I like elegant and well educated people. I hope I can make friends with similar interests here, so I can enjoy and learn more about these wonderful eras!

See you!:)

St. Louis

Practically Family
What a nice, eclectic mix of new people! I look forward to hearing what you all have to say. Nana, I'm especially interested in hearing more about your golden era way of life!

KarlK

New in Town
Greetings, My name is KarlK. For the past 12 years I have made straw hats for 18th and 19th century re-enactors. I plait my own grown straw and straw (wheat and rye) that I purchase. I have also used pre-made plait. I have done some felt work and have re-blocked numerous felt hats. I have a large collection of period tools from tollikers, dozen hat blocks or so, some homemade early 19th century round blocks (instead of oval), flanges, flange stands, brim cutters, gates, rules, hatters bow etc. I am currently setting up a circa 1800 hatters shop for a Park site as well. I have learned much from you fine folks and hope to learn more.

BGC1963

New in Town
Hi you all. Names Bruce I'm a 52 year old business owner from SE Louisiana. I like to hunt, fish drink bourbon and rum, smoke fine cigars, take my beautiful wife out on the town, hang out with friends and/or family, strolling on the beach among others. Got a hand full of sweet lids. Newest is a stratoliner that I picked up at Meyer the Hatter in Nawlens but my favorite is a 1950's Bee panama center dent that my grandfather left to me. I'm sure that I'll be seeing some of you around here.

Regards

Fofi

New in Town
Hello! I'm a 27 years old English teacher from France. I have quite recently fallen in love with vintage clothing, and I love knowing that some items have a history. I've been reading the forums for a few months, and it has taught me many things... I almost only dress vintage inspired anymore (and I haven't worn pants since September, it feels so good!)
Now I'd like to become an active member of the community!

George Stetson

New in Town
Meet George Stetson!

My name is actually Ken, George Stetson is what I named my new Graphite Saxon Stedson. It is a thing of beauty! Opened up a new world of style to me.

brendanm720

One of the Regulars
Hi!

I'm a Senior Operations Engineer at a regional ISP, and recently decided I ought to start dressing better.

I don't have a whole lot of discretionary funds at the moment (the Missus is expecting our first in about a month, and most of the money has been going toward him), so I've been upgrading slowly and sticking to vintage items on ebay and (occasionally) local stores.

I have been lurking on and off for a while now, and decided it was time to get an account. :D

I've been a member for a while now, and post mainly in the hat threads, as that is what piqued my interest to come here. Just decided recently that I liked the look of a good, traditional, man's fedora and I think I look relatively good in them (my lovely bride seems to agree).

I'm a mid-50s technical professional with a BS in aerospace engineering and about 25 years in my field. You'll quickly find that the my greatest passion is for baseball, good music, good rum, and good food.

csmorris

New in Town
Greetings all

Greetings to all. I've been lurking here for a few years now and decided it was time to finally join up. Great community here and glad to be a part of it.

I have still yet to take the plunge and purchase my first real hat but I do also engage in other pursuits shared with many others here such as fountain pens, wet shaving and others.

Thanks for having me!

Cheers,

Chris

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Hello all. I've been lurking for a month or so. I found this board while researching vintage hairstyling (I think). I've always been interested in historical modes of dress, but lately I've become enamored of the '20s and '30s, as far as hair and makeup go. I do the hair/makeup most days, but I don't have the wardrobe to match yet. I have lost a few sizes in the last year, so I'm using that as an excuse to get rid of the Rhoda/******/bohemian look I have loved for the last 10 years and go for something new (yet old). I don't think true vintage will fit me--I'm still not tiny--but I can try to find things with a vintage feel or do some sewing. It will be a while to get it together. I do promise this: I will not be activity-appropriate because I'm quirky. Beach pajamas to the grocery store? Yes, please! And I have to make this work with long hair because I won't cut it any time soon. Hip-length middy in my future? o_O

MissJilliss2Thrill

New in Town
Hello ladies & gentlemen of the Fedora Lounge,

my name is Jill and I´m a Lindy Hop-girl from Cambridge, UK. I´m in Uni, work in a bar and am preparing for a semester abroad in berlin. The scene is really big out in Germany´s capital I have found during short trips in the city. For now, I am still based in the UK and enjoy all the things Cambridge hast to offer.

I´m really curious about basically everything, so I´ll be posting again, soon!

Hope you´re all having a good week!

Jill

Bixie Bliss

New in Town
Hello everyone. I cannot believe it took me so long to find this place! I'm from the UK and love style and fashion from 1930s to early 1960s with emphasis on 1940s and 1950s. I get away with some vintage style at work, but not brave enough to go full vintage there! I love vintage hair and I swear I own more curlers/rollers than anyone, ANYONE!

slythwolf

New in Town
Good afternoon, all. I'm Becky and I've been dressing full New Look at work and school for about two years now. I dream of having a little midcentury home to call my own and restore to its original glory, complete with pink bathroom.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Greetings from Indianapolis.!!

Hi all,
I'm not at all new to The Fedora Lounge (945 posts to date), it's just been a good while since I've been active here.

However, I am brand new to the Indianapolis area, having just moved here from northern Alabama, where I've spent most of my life. Just starting to explore my new city, and wondering if any members might have any good suggestions on places that might be of interest to fellow Lounger and fan of all things Golden Age: Old school barber shops, vintage clothing or hat stores, used music shops,
old classic diners or soda shops, theaters regularly showing old films, etc? Any other Loungers in the area?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo