Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

heron163

One of the Regulars
hi - I am new here. I love old cars, airplanes, motorcycles, guns, wood block prints, Maxfield Parrish... things with spirit and beauty.

I have bunch of leather jackets - Aero, lost worlds, vanson I don't wear as I am on hiatus from M/C's...

I am looking to buy my first real hat... toques don't count as hats... lol

Paul

Speakeasy

Familiar Face
Decided to join a little while ago after browsing for some time - I actually discovered this place while researching vintage suits.

I'm from the outskirts of Toronto, with an interest in good literature, the outdoors, and classic suits from the 40s-60s. Most of my wardrobe is vintage as well; I believe in always being well-dressed and wearing a good hat. By the way...if anyone has a size 7 3/8ths they'd like to trade, just let me know!

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
hi - I am new here. I love old cars, airplanes, motorcycles, guns, wood block prints, Maxfield Parrish... things with spirit and beauty.

I have bunch of leather jackets - Aero, lost worlds, vanson I don't wear as I am on hiatus from M/C's...

Paul

Decided to join a little while ago after browsing for some time - I actually discovered this place while researching vintage suits.

I'm from the outskirts of Toronto, with an interest in good literature, the outdoors, and classic suits from the 40s-60s. Most of my wardrobe is vintage as well; I believe in always being well-dressed and wearing a good hat. By the way...if anyone has a size 7 3/8ths they'd like to trade, just let me know!

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Glad to have you both! Enjoy the Lounge!

Dante D'Amour

New in Town
Hello to you all! My name is Dante and I'm from Yorkshire but currently live on the Isle of Wight off the south coast of England. I found this place whilst Googling for vintage lifestyle messaging boards and this looks like a good place to be among some like minded folks!

My tastes are varied but I enjoy in particular going to Lindy Hop/Jive classes/dances/festivals, though I'd say my strongest leaning is the music and clothing of the 50's. Stylewise I love the pin up look but my clothes are mostly repro as the ladies back in the day were generally tiny!

Am really enjoying reading the forums and hope to make some new friends/contacts, particularly in terms of going to events and festivals on the mainland (as those of us who live on the island call it!).

Hope you're having a great day whatever you're doing. :) x

The Native Hatter

New in Town
Hello folks. This looks like a great place to gain knowledge on hats and the vintage lifestyle. I'm thrilled to be a part of the community and hope to make a few friends along the way. I look forward to having many great discussions on the forums!

The Native Hatter

Edward

Bartender
Welcome, folks!

You might well find this place inspires you to dig them out again. I've been wearing bike jackets sicne I was fifteen, but for all sorts of reasons, never managed a motorcycle of my own....

Well, they do stay on better on an MC than a Fedora.... ;)

I did much the same... All the bestp laces often turn out to be the ones we just stumbled across.... :)

My tastes are varied but I enjoy in particular going to Lindy Hop/Jive classes/dances/festivals, though I'd say my strongest leaning is the music and clothing of the 50's. Stylewise I love the pin up look but my clothes are mostly repro as the ladies back in the day were generally tiny!

Am really enjoying reading the forums and hope to make some new friends/contacts, particularly in terms of going to events and festivals on the mainland (as those of us who live on the island call it!).

If you've not made it over for it yet, you really should think about Rhythm Riot. I'm just back last night from tyhis year's event, and already planning for 2016... www.rhythmriot.com

BDetroit

New in Town
Hello all. Been looking at the forums for a little bit now and decided to join. I just started wearing hats over the summer and after buying my first one I've been hooked. I have 3 hats, 2 Tribly and one diamond pork pie. All of my hats are cheapos though. Tomorrow I plan on hitting up Henry The Hatter and seeing if I can't find a nice hat for myself. I actually found the forums when searching for sunglasses that look good with fedoras.

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
Hi all,

I stumbled on this forum when I was searching for vintage leather jackets. I suffer from a bout of anachronism and I am therefore always interested in vintage items. I am very much into travelling as well.

Its a pleasure visiting this lounge!

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
Howdy.

I've been lurkin' through The Lounge for a couple years now...post every now and again and thought maybe
it'd be good to re-introduce since now there be New sections to the forums...well, at least new to me.
I've been lookin' and readin' through many of the other sections I've not gone into before.

LOTSA Great Folks here-bouts.

Very interested in late 1920's-early 1930's vintage (clothing, home life, pictures)
So much so to the point that what I wear and how I live is inspired by my interest.
Average everyday rural folks of that period of time is where my fascination is.

Wells

Familiar Face
G'day!

I'm a 22 year old male with a passion for anything 40's/50's related. My passion started with WWII which led to me falling in love with many different aspects of the time period. Trying to incorporate more vintage trends into my life, whether it be clothing, music, lingo, furniture/decor. It's all a learning experience, and a fun one at that!

Looking forward to contributing to the best forum around!

philosophygirl78

A-List Customer
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the new ladies I've seen around the lounge! Please let us know a little about yourself, like how you found the lounge, what your favorite eras are, etc. I love learning about new people!

Welcome again, ladies!
this is my first ever forum.. I've been wanting to escape the chains of FB for a while so figured this would be a nice change. ;)

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Hello all. Been looking at the forums for a little bit now and decided to join. I just started wearing hats over the summer and after buying my first one I've been hooked. I have 3 hats, 2 Tribly and one diamond pork pie. All of my hats are cheapos though. Tomorrow I plan on hitting up Henry The Hatter and seeing if I can't find a nice hat for myself. I actually found the forums when searching for sunglasses that look good with fedoras.

Welcome! Did you find some sunglasses that worked?

Hi all,

I stumbled on this forum when I was searching for vintage leather jackets. I suffer from a bout of anachronism and I am therefore always interested in vintage items. I am very much into travelling as well.

Its a pleasure visiting this lounge!

Eugenesque, I hope you will find something that suits you! Having any luck?

Howdy.

I've been lurkin' through The Lounge for a couple years now...post every now and again and thought maybe
it'd be good to re-introduce since now there be New sections to the forums...well, at least new to me.
I've been lookin' and readin' through many of the other sections I've not gone into before.

LOTSA Great Folks here-bouts.

Very interested in late 1920's-early 1930's vintage (clothing, home life, pictures)
So much so to the point that what I wear and how I live is inspired by my interest.
Average everyday rural folks of that period of time is where my fascination is.

Too cool. Are you interested in workwear? Suits?

G'day!

I'm a 22 year old male with a passion for anything 40's/50's related. My passion started with WWII which led to me falling in love with many different aspects of the time period. Trying to incorporate more vintage trends into my life, whether it be clothing, music, lingo, furniture/decor. It's all a learning experience, and a fun one at that!

Looking forward to contributing to the best forum around!

Welcome! Unfortunately, fusion cores are hard to find out in the wasteland, but good company is all over here in the Lounge. My taste in furniture/decor trends later, with mid-century modern being my favorite. Still, lots to learn!

this is my first ever forum.. I've been wanting to escape the chains of FB for a while so figured this would be a nice change. ;)

And we're glad you're here. Welcome!

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
Hello, this is not really an introduction of a new member, but my way of rejoining the FL. This is Wally Hood, and when the change to the new system happened I tried to change my old email to my current one. For some reason ( and it could just be my lack of tech-savvy) I was not able to post. I sent an email to reconfirm my info, but I didn't get the confirming email back. So after some weeks as a lurker, I re-joined as Julian Shellhammer, the toy buyer for Macy's in Miracle on 34th Street. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the mix:)

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
Thanks Mr. Bartender.
Maybe just a lil' in suits...workwear mostly as it is what most of my clothing is, vintage inspired workwear.
Manys the time at work or elsewhere I'm told I look like I am "from the Thirties"

Barnie Steffers

New in Town
New member, like others became acquainted with the lounge via searches for higher end goods on google. Appreciated the learning so had to join.

As my description in the setup page tongue in cheek says : "60 yr old fashion forward living and working in a non-forward area (think excessively provincial). Have a few folks at work (younger women) who have complimented my attire so I'm on point never to disappoint. " LOL

I became handicapped a few years ago after a motorcycle accident and though can walk, don't run anymore, can't ride anymore and became frustrated with with working out. My dress was athletic or used motorcycle rider before, ton's of different running shoes/sneakers and riding attire. My work attire is business casual, though, because of a need to dress as a profesional a number of years ago I had a few good suits and shoes left over.

As my athletic attire no longer highlighted a muscular body (still thin though) I decided to step up my clothing a little bit at a time and became accustomed to spending more for better products. My first dabble was in buying a Naval aviator replica leather jacket. Tried a few cheaper options via Amazon and LL Bean - nowhere worth shopping in my area except Banana Republic and Brooks Brothers (= too old fart) and LLBean. Returned all those and through search found My Pilot store and bought a Cockpit G2 goatskin jacket. Perfect, though expensive by my then cost experiences.

Slowly it dawned on me I appreciated better clothes and found myself open to buying the better stuff. Over the last 1.5 years have replaced much of my clothing and shoes with more interesting items. Thus this year I made the leap to spending $1000 plus for a Schott horsehide leather jacket and a Boglioli casual sport coat and have spent about $1500 in the last few months on Allen Edmonds boots. Long post :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner