Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
Welcome! Did you find some sunglasses that worked?

Eugenesque, I hope you will find something that suits you! Having any luck?

Too cool. Are you interested in workwear? Suits?

Welcome! Unfortunately, fusion cores are hard to find out in the wasteland, but good company is all over here in the Lounge. My taste in furniture/decor trends later, with mid-century modern being my favorite. Still, lots to learn!

And we're glad you're here. Welcome!

Thanks Nathan, it has been quite an eye opener here. Making myself comfortable in the outerwear, the display case and the great outdoors section.

AgathaGrace

New in Town
Hello all, long, long time lurker straying from my corner long enough to say hi, and I sure have enjoyed FL over the years. Hopefully I'll get up the courage to post in the near future. Happy New Year everyone!

HistoryCopper

New in Town
Hello,

I am new here. I had a nice career going as a detective (I dressed in vintage fashion with three piece suits and fedoras) until I was injured in the line of duty. Now I teach history at a local community college. I have a BA and MA in History and an MS in Criminal Justice. My "specialty" if you want to call it that, is the World War 2 era, but I am interested in pretty much anything from 1914-1952. I have my own small library of nearly 2,000 books at last count, mostly history related with a lot of historical fiction too. Reading is my favorite thing to do other than listening to old time radio programs. I am a crazy cat man and have 5 cats in my home plus a few strays I take care of outside. I was lucky enough to get a second chance at life and so I try to make the most of it.

Snowy

New in Town
Happy New Year and hello from Snowy in Australia. I read some handy comments here the other day which helped with my fedora selection so thought I would join up.

Best wishes
Snowy

William G.

One of the Regulars
Hello!

So, tl:dr version is this: I got my first nice brimmed hat last summer, a panama straw hat. I loved it so much (and it was SO useful) that I wanted a winter hat, too. I ordered a Bailey Briar using a coupon code right after Christmas. While looking for information about the Briar, I found this place. Thanks to the hat forums here, I found out about Akubra hats... and so I bought an Akubra Snowy River off eBay.

Both hats are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so I figured I would sign up and say thanks. I've enjoyed researching hats and I've learned so much in just a few short days... so much, in fact, that I imagine the Bailey is going back for a refund so I can buy another Akubra. :)

Happy New Year's everyone!

Mr. Pickett

Familiar Face
Salutations to all!

I've been stalking these forums for a while now and felt it was eventually time to create an account. I have to say - everybody I know in person thinks I'm absolutely bonkers to have such an obsession with times gone by (especially the late 40's and 50's) so I'm so glad to find somewhere I may finally 'fit in'!

Mr. P

William G.

One of the Regulars
Salutations to all!

I've been stalking these forums for a while now and felt it was eventually time to create an account. I have to say - everybody I know in person thinks I'm absolutely bonkers to have such an obsession with times gone by (especially the late 40's and 50's) so I'm so glad to find somewhere I may finally 'fit in'!

Mr. P
Welcome!

William G.

One of the Regulars
Likewise!

How have you found your hats? :) I have an Akubra stylemaster I've been waiting to arrive for the past week. 5-7 day shipping my rump.

From what I can tell, the Stylemaster is a great hat. I'm sure it will be worth the wait, even though the wait is rough.

As for me, I bought a cheap wool hat online to wear during winter and came here looking for advice on how to re-shape the brim. Once I realized I was barking up the wrong tree with wool, I returned it and bought an Akubra Snowy River off eBay to carry me through this winter. I've got my eye on a graphite Banjo Patterson from Everything Australian, but I haven't bought it yet. It's a 3-month wait.

Last summer, I bought a Panama hat for sun protection and I was amazed at how cool it kept me. There's not really anywhere around here that sells hats, so all my shopping is online.

rdnzl

New in Town
Hello all.

New guy here. Seattle Washington is where I live. People here have a "different" sense of style, to say the least.

I've worn baseball caps most of my 60 years and recently discovered REAL hats.

My first two are Akubras. A Stylemaster and a Lawson. I've gotten lots of compliments on both, and when worn with one of my
leather jackets, they do add a sense of style I didn't know I had. :)

Anyway, I look forward to learning more about quality hats, and browsing all the posts on the forum.

William G.

One of the Regulars
Hello all.

New guy here. Seattle Washington is where I live. People here have a "different" sense of style, to say the least.

I've worn baseball caps most of my 60 years and recently discovered REAL hats.

My first two are Akubras. A Stylemaster and a Lawson. I've gotten lots of compliments on both, and when worn with one of my
leather jackets, they do add a sense of style I didn't know I had. :)

Anyway, I look forward to learning more about quality hats, and browsing all the posts on the forum.

Welcome! Great choices with the Akubras!

Snortman45

Familiar Face
Hey, my name is Stephen and I am from South Carolina. I am almost 46 yrs old and have had an interest in hats for a while, though I have never worn one consistently, mainly because of my oversized skull, and not really searching for a good one. I do enjoy listening to Big Band era music, radio shows and music. I told my wife I would like to find a fedora that fits for my birthday. I look forward to reading and sharing with everyone here.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ole Jakob 98

New in Town
Hi my name is Ole Jakob i´m 18 and lives in norway, i have an interes in the 1800 to the 1930s clothing and uses darcy clothing since norway dont have shots like that, i love to Get new FriendFeed with the same interest

Sco Atao

New in Town
Hi all,

I have been reading through the forums for a long time and joined in 2010, but for some reason it looks like I haven't been posting anything ever since...
Well, I'm 30 years old and live in Brittany, the westernmost part of France. I'm a collections assistant in a WW2 museum. My main interests are WW2 uniforms and equipments, mostly Free French ones. I am also into living history (Free French SAS paratrooper) since it's a very good way to commemorate these events now that veterans pass away.
Of course, I have a lot of other interests but just too much to list here, and not necessarily relevant to Fedora Lounge forums (like pizza and making skins for WW2 flight simulators)!

I hope to keep learning and share knowlege with you.
Cheers,

Pierre

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk