Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

dostacos

Practically Family
Qwkslvr said:
Greetings. I'm Clint from Wyoming and definitely a hat/cap person. My favorite topper is a bowler, but frequently wear newsboys, ivy's and of course; fedoras.
I've been looking through the posts here and am enchanted by the style of dress and conversation. Glad to make your acquaintance.
welcome put your feet up and stay a while.

and there is a newbie PICTURE thread, take one in your favorite hat and post it....

surely

A-List Customer
howdy

let me introduce you to a real vintage person: me. i was raised in the 40's & 50's (yes i was born in 38). and as my dad advised me, i'm still punching. i've been around here for awhile. recently i discovered this section of the lounge and decided i should come out of the shadows, if only for a moment:
thumb_meborsa0.jpg

looking forward to some entertaining if not enlightening conversations. :cool: [huh]

ukali1066

Practically Family
Hi

Just joined and I'm enjoying reading the threads....you guys are looking smart and the ladies are just gorgeous in the period stylings....
I know my unkempt 1970's appearance may cause multiple vomitings on here but here goes.....;)

I'm a modelmaker from England, mainly in 1/6th scale, and I was searching for good reference on Fedoras and such, as I'm creating a figure of Tom Hanks as Michael Sullivan in Road to Perdition

I'll post the finished piece on here when it's done, I hope you'll enjoy it
579654328_l.jpg

40sprincess

New in Town
ukali1066 said:
Just joined and I'm enjoying reading the threads....you guys are looking smart and the ladies are just gorgeous in the period stylings....
I know my unkempt 1970's appearance may cause multiple vomitings on here but here goes.....;)

I'm a modelmaker from England, mainly in 1/6th scale, and I was searching for good reference on Fedoras and such, as I'm creating a figure of Tom Hanks as Michael Sullivan in Road to Perdition

I'll post the finished piece on here when it's done, I hope you'll enjoy it
579654328_l.jpg

Oooo I like beards :p

Oh and good morning by the way ;)
x

wedding belle

Familiar Face
Hello all

I'm Siobhan, I live ina small market town, about 50 miles outside London with my soon-to-be husband and my 12 year old daughter who takes great delight in being the same height as me!

I found the forum when looking for advice on hairstyles forthe impending wedding. I have always had an interest in the 1920s-1940s but have only recently began to indulge!

I look forward to getting to know you all, having had a mooch around, this strikes me as one of the best informed and friendly sites I've happened upon!

40sprincess

New in Town
wedding belle said:
I'm Siobhan, I live ina small market town, about 50 miles outside London with my soon-to-be husband and my 12 year old daughter who takes great delight in being the same height as me!

I found the forum when looking for advice on hairstyles forthe impending wedding. I have always had an interest in the 1920s-1940s but have only recently began to indulge!

I look forward to getting to know you all, having had a mooch around, this strikes me as one of the best informed and friendly sites I've happened upon!

Hi wedding belle

I am originally from everton near sandy in bedfordshire, now bedford :) Its a small world after all.
x

Ed Bass

One of the Regulars
Long time lurker.
Love this site and all the folks here seem pretty regular.

I live in Palm Springs, CA. where I own a night club on the strip. I am a custodian of all things vintage form apparel to autos, I will enjoy sharing some of my treasures with the members here. I love film noir and have had the luck and diligence to seek out many of the mysterious, famous and infamous places southern California has to offer.

Personal claim to fame?
I was the last person to get James Cagney's autograph before he passed away.

Best, Toots

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ed Bass said:
Long time lurker.
Love this site and all the folks here seem pretty regular.

I live in Palm Springs, CA. where I own a night club on the strip. I am a custodian of all things vintage form apparel to autos, I will enjoy sharing some of my treasures with the members here. I love film noir and have had the luck and diligence to seek out many of the mysterious, famous and infamous places southern California has to offer.

Personal claim to fame?
I was the last person to get James Cagney's autograph before he passed away.

Best, Toots

Super, Ed/Toots. We look forward to hearing more (and to visiting you en masse).

pattygoody

New in Town
New Kid In Town!

I have spent literally HOURS today reading and looking! I stumbled onto this site after Googling for 40's hairstyles. I am 52 years young and absolutely adore the 40's style. I always have! How fabulous to find a board all about sharing knowledge about this era. I hope to post more here...for now, I'm reading and will jump in when I can. ;)

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Hi everyone, Hi wedding belle. I'm getting married too soon, we'll have to swap tips! What era dress are you going for?

Ukeli, where in west yorkshire?

Millie

New in Town
I've really enjoyed reading your stories, beauty tips and seeing your wonderful thrift store and yardsale finds.

My name is Millie and I've been lurking for a while. I'm currently living in Greenville, SC but have always lived in the South. I'm afraid, I'm far too spoiled by the warm weather to live anywhere else. Speaking of cold weather, my better half is from Ohio. We live in a 1950's midcentury modern influenced home with an lovely googie slanted window. The house is decorated in finds from 20's to 70's, mainly focusing on 40's to 50's. I look forward to one day purchasing an airstream and a vespa.

I dress VI, modern pieces with vintage costume jewelry and handbags. I have to admit my love for all things vintage started from watching Bewitched as a child.

My interests other than vintage include religious iconography, snails, crafts, painting, sewing, knitting, feminism, class issues, politics, human rights, reading, meditation, Advaita Vedanta and Bhakti.

Whew, that's enough about me for now!

nubsnubs

Familiar Face
Hello folks

Hello Fedora Lounge crowd.

My name is Brandon and I am pleased to have found this web site. I have always had a distant fascination with the golden era, and as I tried to cultivate that fascination I found this place, and all I can say is wow. I am finding answers to so many questions that I have had all these years.

A little about myself, I am a member of the Air Force, and currently stationed in Southern California. I am married to a wonderful dame who seems to hold an equal interest in the golden era as I do. In fact, I just got approval from her to buy myself a 30's Ford once my truck is paid off... What a gal!

Sincerely,

Brandon

Mr Hicks

New in Town
Greetings From Mr Hicks

Hello All,
I am originally from Essex, but now live in Florida. I am a vintage enthusiast, and picked the wrong climate for the Harris tweed jackets and Fairisle sweaters that I love so much! However, I have found a great fondness for 'Safari' style, and it is well suited for the weather here. I am very interested in the British Empire and particularly in East-Africa and America. I have been an 18th century reenactor for 12 years, and enjoy classic adventure movies.

The Hats I love to wear - My Panama (Stingy Brim), Bombay Bowler, Harris tweed flat cap, Donegal tweed flat cap, monmouth cap.

Love the site, keep up the fine work!

F16WarBird

New in Town
Greetings

Good morning everyone!

My name is Joe.

I am from Philadelphia.

I have been known to wear everything from kilts to Victorian to Stormtrooper armor (don't ask).

The former is "frequent" wear. I unfortunately have to wear pants at work. The latter two would be at an appropriate event.

I've always loved the music, style, and "feel" of the early 20th century and I'm looking forward to learning and sharing ideas and such.

Sl?°inte!

Joe

shebagrl

Familiar Face
Hi there ladies!

I'm a brand-spanking new member and I just couldn't wait to say hello to you ladies. I've read so many of the posts here and am just thrilled to have a "place" to visit with so many lovely people.

A little about me: I'm a student at a private art college here in Ohio, but I graduate in December (yahoo)! I grew up in my grandparents home. With that being said, I have a certain fondness for everything they loved of the 30's and 40's - the fashions, the music, the values. I'll never forget listening to the big band sounds on AM radio CKLW with my grandmother. Priceless memories!

Thank you for the warm welcome and I can't wait to learn from you all!

Evelyn

OnlyOneAudrey

New in Town
I finally get to post!

Okay, so I came across the Lounge the middle of last week; it was love at first site! I've been reading through the all the posts like a mad woman. I wanted to register, but I only just got Comcast hooked-up last night. Getting signed up here was literally the first thing I did once it was up and running. I am just so excited.

I'm new to all this, but def excited. I'm not so much into actually collecting and dressing vintage 24/7, but I do like the classic styles and try to have that sort of appearance in my day to day life. (I couldn't stick with just vintage, bc there are just so many cute clothes out there!) Basically, I just look for clothes that are classy looking.

I really want to learn how to sew, and I noticed a few of you do and I will prolly be picking your brains. :) (The boyfriend has promised to get me a sewing machine just as soon as we can fit it into the budget.) There is just so much to learn from you guys! I don't know where to begin. I'm pretty much open to any advice you can give.

What really struck me most about you ladies, is not necessarily you being into vintage clothing, but you trying to be more feminine. I've always been a girly girl and I'm at a point in my life where it is indeed a good time to turn that up a notch and be a lady. So yeah, that's why I'm here...to learn! Can't wait to get to know all of you.

BTW, anyone here from Florida (or south Georgia or south Alabama)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80