Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pencil Mustache

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I've always used a full sized Gillette Sensor with 2 or 3 blades,... Turbo, Mach 3, or Whatever. I have gradually gone from a full Fu Manchu to the little mustache I currently own. Eventually it may even get smaller,...maybe disappear altogether. So many variables! lol

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Now we can't forget William Powell.
williampowellup.jpg

Or the ever so dapper David Niven.
David%20Niven.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Some Flynnesque photos of the aul tache!!

I know I'm not the most photogenic of the boys here, but just thought I'd play around with a few shots, before dashing out to an 30's themed Argentinian Tango evening in Newcastle (UK), so here goes...

ErrolFlynn008.jpg

ErrolFlynn009.jpg

ErrolFlynn005.jpg

ErrolFlynn004.jpg

Caledonia

Practically Family
And the handkerchief is very nicely done! Very fetching overall look Paddy. The chair looks nice too. Any particular kind, or just your regular refurbished vintage seating accoutrement? :)

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
looks good. Paddy

I think it might look even better if the edges don't go past the width of your mouth.
You could probably even pull off the tricky thinner mustache and look debonair.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
The Wolf said:
I think it might look even better if the edges don't go past the width of your mouth.
You could probably even pull off the tricky thinner mustache and look debonair.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

I think The Wolf is on to something. A little careful cultivation,...and the mustache will be perfected.
But be forewarned. It's a high maintenance thing, I know! lol

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Maj.Nick Danger said:
A little careful cultivation,...and the mustache will be perfected.
But be forewarned. It's a high maintenance thing, I know!

Thanks for all the kind remarks. The jury is still out on whether it stays or not, but I'm not going to rush into a rash decision quite yet.

As for high maintenance, well...I'd rather have a high maintenance lady than a high maintenance moustache, so that might be the deciding factor!

Oh and Brad, thanks for the advice on keeping it trim with that link you gave!! Just not sure I can be bothered faffing around keeping the old caterpillar in check!!! we'll see. But it's interesting the public comments I get. Some folk say it really suits me and makes me look a 'wee' bit more distinguished, others have said right out, "I hate it!!"

It's the old adage I guess, "Cannot please all the people all of the time, so don't try to."

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The man himself, In Like Flynn...!

Errol just seems to carry it off with a sense of style and panache and downright masculinity. Nothing effeminate about this dashing, daring, debonair dude.

color-1.jpg

But talking of classic pencil line moustaches, this man carries it off like a true pro. Bet your bottom dollar if he was looking like that today, walking down your local high street or mall, he'd be turning heads still!!

Who needs a Puff Daddy shell suit, Gangsta gold sovereigns on your knuckles and Burberry BaseBall Cap with shirt tails hanging out along with your bottom?!!! And that's meant to be 'cool????'

Classic, vintage style...all the way! And the tache is just the cherry on the cake. (Can you spot the odd man out BELOW? yep, someone has gate crashed the Flynn Party in Beverly Hills..!!!! SECURITY!!!)

177b-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

color-1.jpg

ErrolFlynn006.jpg

errolflynn3-1.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks Magneto (one of my few nice ones)

magneto said:
Looking *awfully* debonair there Paddy :) ..Nice tie...

It's a really nice art deco tie, and one of the few that I have in silver grey, white and black.
Thanks for the compliments, I do try to scrub up well!! But the dance at the 30's Argentinian Tango night was just great. How often do you get to dance in a Fedora! I love the music and the atmosphere. Oh and Holly, there were still a few spaces on my dance card. But you didn't appear :( Must be busy with something in Tx!!

Chap, I'd recommend trying out the old tach. Hey, if it doesn't work out, you just whip it off again. Sadly, these days, folks are still pretty judgemental if you look a tad different (especially in the work place!! which can have consequences all of its own, sadly).

Anyway, off to do my Douglas Fairbanks piece off the chandalier with a cutlass between my teeth...........WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHOOOOOOOSHHH!!!!!.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You've lost me guys, anyway...pencil moustaches...!

Yes, I went out walking through Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK), dressed in my 30's/40's gear, pencil moustache, and I dressed for myself, no-one else, and felt quite at home about it!

Anyone who is picking a fight, well it shows their insecurities, not mine. I'm quite happy right now with the auld tache, even if it is on probation!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21