Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peters Brothers

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Then I took out of the bottom of the box another PB'S hemp hat, now in,a volor they call natural, a very light beige, I would say close to some Silverbellys, real nice workmanship again.

This one is a centerdent that wont get closer to the top of my head due to the tall or full crown.

Also perfect fit with a high quality leather sweatband, I irdered this one with a white pug, @Bob Roberts, a nice combo makes it for a very elegant but also not so formal hat.

The whole hat plus puggaree image makes this hat worth of a 1800's british landlord in Kenya, makes me want to go buy a Land Rover Defender.

Also very, very happy with the hat, i put it in my head and has been there all day long.

It was missing the sticky back PB'S logo, I told them about it and they were happy to mail a couple for me.

Also a real nice high quality hat.

5d53522ca16242b459e8b2bc7d928b5d.jpg
2ef156aab50c78840084d241cc0be067.jpg
0a2b088d0ca4f91e70a18d4b43c0202f.jpg
eb796136e0f5584e2099a70eb6ad38b0.jpg
be874ea727254f0f46f655177ab73670.jpg
7ccb87d4a2b99de16fab1ac42207a1df.jpg
ac4c5161bd012bb842e7b57b9fc32442.jpg
4a3f8a942bde4811c47e8b1d8f04805e.jpg
375626cbf852efe8d7f4d9e84d56d1d2.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Then I took out of the bottom of the box another PB'S hemp hat, now in,a volor they call natural, a very light beige, I would say close to some Silverbellys, real nice workmanship again.

This one is a centerdent that wont get closer to the top of my head due to the tall or full crown.

Also perfect fit with a high quality leather sweatband, I irdered this one with a white pug, @Bob Roberts, a nice combo makes it for a very elegant but also not so formal hat.

The whole hat plus puggaree image makes this hat worth of a 1800's british landlord in Kenya, makes me want to go buy a Land Rover Defender.

Also very, very happy with the hat, i put it in my head and has been there all day long.

It was missing the sticky back PB'S logo, I told them about it and they were happy to mail a couple for me.

Also a real nice high quality hat.

5d53522ca16242b459e8b2bc7d928b5d.jpg
2ef156aab50c78840084d241cc0be067.jpg
0a2b088d0ca4f91e70a18d4b43c0202f.jpg
eb796136e0f5584e2099a70eb6ad38b0.jpg
be874ea727254f0f46f655177ab73670.jpg
7ccb87d4a2b99de16fab1ac42207a1df.jpg
ac4c5161bd012bb842e7b57b9fc32442.jpg
4a3f8a942bde4811c47e8b1d8f04805e.jpg
375626cbf852efe8d7f4d9e84d56d1d2.jpg

Well done! Hope you njoy wearing it. Got a nice flange n snap down lookin brim.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Well done! Hope you njoy wearing it. Got a nice flange n snap down lookin brim.
First of all, let me thank you for letting me copy your hat.

I worked the brim and all to give it my touch.

But honor should be given to who deserves it and it was you who made the first one !!!

Thanks a lot !!!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
First of all, let me thank you for letting me copy your hat.

I worked the brim and all to give it my touch.

But honor should be given to who deserves it and it was you who made the first one !!!

Thanks a lot !!!

You're more then welcome and I'm honored that you liked it and made it your own. We all gladly share our ideas and styles here.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chamuco, I received my first PB hemp, a black Strat-style with a thin, dark red ribbon, last summer, and have never noticed a black cherry tone to the hemp. Could it be that your larger red ribbon is affecting the way your eyes are interpreting the color? I only ask as I thought your comment was interesting.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Picked up my Milan at the store, this afternoon.

Indy style (but without the sharp Raiders crease), black Milan with dark red wine ribbon.

Fits perfectly and I'm very pleased. The guys said they are really busy and are working through the Milan backlog.

Here's the hat in the direct Texas afternoon sun:

1e139329cb402237595eab54b342aa0f.jpg
Great straw. It's so hard to find one I like, and I really like that one.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments, guys.

DougC - I know what you mean about the black in the summer. I already have a black Milan Dualist that Art made for me and it works well in the evenings, regardless of the temperature.

Bob - the Indy style from the 4th movie is one of the my all time favorites (I have an Adventurebilt and a Penman in this style) and I was looking for something similar in straw. The PB guys make a lot of Indy hats and have the blocking perfected.

Cheers!
David!

Where are the straw Indys on their site?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Where are the straw Indys on their site?
You have to go to the "Dress Straws" first, and then scroll down to where it says "Click here to see our custom Milan straws." Then you scroll down and the "Snow white teardrop" and the "Indy brown" are the two Indys, I believe. The site's a bit basic and was the cause of some confusion on my recent purchase.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the site is very basic. In my case I just strolled to the store and had a chat with the guys.

Of course, not everyone is able to do that. [emoji1]

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
You have to go to the "Dress Straws" first, and then scroll down to where it says "Click here to see our custom Milan straws." Then you scroll down and the "Snow white teardrop" and the "Indy brown" are the two Indys, I believe. The site's a bit basic and was the cause of some confusion on my recent purchase.

Thanks, got it.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
May 15. I posted the following question to this thread:
"Have anyone by the way noticed the sweet smell, when you hit the hat with steam? It reminds me of toffee - or the sweet component of a Cavendish dominated pipe tobacco. That was a fun surprise :)"

Well, today the "fun" part has faded severely! I got caught in a surprise shower today, wearing my PB. Jeez, what a gross stench!

The construction held up pretty well, but the aforementioned "sweet smell" became quite overwhelming in the rain. When wet it stinks like something between burnt toffee and a pair of teenage socks, that should have been washed a decade ago. Really ugly, indeed!

I went to a local café for a latte and to wait for dryer weather. I met a couple of friends, and as the second asked: "What's that ugly smell?", I got up and left. I was too embarrassed to take the bus, so I walked half way through the city and back.

I sincerely hope, the stench soon will leave the hat. If not, it can be had for the shipping. I have no use for a hat, that can't be worn around other people.

My enthusiasm has so far cooled of a whole lot ... almost completely! I really hope, it doesn't stay like this! :(

RJR

"Have anyone by the way noticed the sweet smell, when you hit the hat with steam? It reminds me of toffee - or the sweet component of a Cavendish dominated pipe tobacco. That was a fun surprise :)"

Well, today the "fun" part has faded severely! I got caught in a surprise shower today, wearing my PB. Jeez, what a gross stench!

The construction held up pretty well, but the aforementioned "sweet smell" became quite overwhelming in the rain. When wet it stinks like something between burnt toffee and a pair of teenage socks, that should have been washed a decade ago. Really ugly, indeed!

I went to a local café for a latte and to wait for dryer weather. I met a couple of friends, and as the second asked: "What's that ugly smell?", I got up and left. I was too embarrassed to take the bus, so I walked half way through the city and back.

I sincerely hope, the stench soon will leave the hat. If not, it can be had for the shipping. I have no use for a hat, that can't be worn around other people.

My enthusiasm has so far cooled of a whole lot ... almost completely! I really hope, it doesn't stay like this! :(
I have two and haven't had that experience.They've been in rain but not soaked.

rclark

Call Me a Cab

I too have smelled the "sweet smell" when the hat is wet or when it is extremely humid outside that honestly reminds me of the smell that occurs when one steps in a pile of dog poo. It is a great hat otherwise, but it smells terrible when damp. My Stetson hemp does not have such an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner