Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R.I.P.Paul Newman 1925-2008

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Goodnight Handsome! ................ Rest in Peace

138310_large.jpg

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PaulNewman.jpg

There will only ever be ONE Hud Bannon and Henry Gondorff.

HudBannon.jpg

Thank you Paul Newman for being with us on this planet for the last 83 years. It's a better place for you being here.

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

Does anyone have a copy of the wonderful shot of Paul Newman portraying Errol Flynn as a swashbuckling pirate? It was taken in the late 50's, early '60's as part of a photo essay of actor portraying other actors. I don't recall the famous photog. Post it if you've got it, will you? Thanks.

-Dixon Cannon

P.S. Turns out that the photo I speak of is by Bert Stern and was published in the Petersen's book "Masters Of Contemporary Photography -Photo Illustration", if anyone has access to that.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Newman's "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" co-star, Liz Taylor was featured on one of the daily entertainment magazines just yesterday. Sitting in a wheel chair, and shreiking some jiberish, she was a sorry sight. The correspondent of the show reported that this was perhaps Taylor's last public appearance.

Both Newman and Taylor shared a passion for philanthropy and charity.
They should be applauded for their selfless efforts. :eusa_clap

HungaryTom

One Too Many
He is immortal

Just passed to the eternal Hall of fame...

My female relatives adored him - with my grandmother being one year older than him

I really liked the Sting...

Rest in Peace

Mike in Seattle

We were just watching The Sting Thursday evening. He & his wife were in town a few years ago. I was rushing to a meeting...and there they were sitting in the window of a downtown Italian restaurant. I just looked up and saw them and froze. Yes, they REALLY are an indescribably blue, moreso live than on film. After I regained my composure I gave both a wave & a smile and I got a nice nod of the head and wave back. I walked into the meeting and got an "See, Mike saw them, too!" Three of us there had seen them, and the other twenty or so were thinking "Why would they be in Seattle unannounced to go to there? Canlis, perhaps..."

DecoDahlia

Familiar Face
I really cried when I heard the news that Paul Newman had died, not just because the world has lost a great actor, one of the last from "The Golden Era," and a gentleman in the truest sense of the word, but also because he gave the commencement address, was the keynote speaker, when I graduated from Sarah Lawrence College in 1990 (when his wife/window, Joanne Woodward, as well as one of their daughters, also graduated from Sarah Lawrence), while, I knew their daughters, as we had classes together. Hope he's gone to that great racetrack in the sky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy