Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

decodoll

Practically Family
Here's a snapshot of patterns that I've purchased semi-recently and haven't scanned yet.

patterns.jpg

p.s...Vanessa, I haven't forgotten your pattern...sorry I'm taking so long. :eek:

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooooohhh~ Pretty!

LolitaHaze, is that first one for a matching purse and jacket? Is it from the Ladies Home Journal?

Decodoll, that Modes Royal one looks like it will be stunning!! And those 30's trousers are fab!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Lauren, It is from LHJ, but it doesn't appear to have any "pattern" peices for a purse... just the blouse.

DecoDoll, Are most of your patterns 14?l

decodoll

Practically Family
Thanks, Lauren. :) That Modes Royale is from the estate of the SF burlesque star from the 40's that I think I mentioned I got to go through. :) I want to see yours and Vanessa's!! I know you must have some really fabulous ones!

Lolita, yes, most of my collection is size 14...some 16. I dislike grading and it keeps me from spending so much money on patterns if I stick to buying just my size. :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
decodoll said:
Thanks, Lauren. :) That Modes Royale is from the estate of the SF burlesque star from the 40's that I think I mentioned I got to go through. :)

What?!!! Spill!! Who was it? *squeals in delight to learn more*

decodoll said:
Lolita, yes, most of my collection is size 14...some 16. I dislike grading and it keeps me from spending so much money on patterns if I stick to buying just my size. :)

You have some lovely patterns. I wish I knew how to alter patterns. I am a 16 now, but hope to slim down to a 12. I know what you mean about saving money... I have had to pass on a few great patterns for being to small... I suppose my not knowing how to alter may be a good thing afterall! LOL

decodoll

Practically Family
Unfortunately, I've forgetten her name. :eek: The guy I know who got to go through her estate said that in addition to the whole top floor of the apartment house she owned being unchanged since the 1940's, she had a fabulous sewing room and made all her own clothes and costumes. I'm between a 14 and 16 (would like to get back down to the 14 I was a year ago...), which is why I buy those two sizes. Every pattern in the 4 big boxes was a 14 or 16...such fun! I need to ask for her name again next time I see him.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
decodoll said:
Unfortunately, I've forgetten her name. :eek: The guy I know who got to go through her estate said that in addition to the whole top floor of the apartment house she owned being unchanged since the 1940's, she had a fabulous sewing room and made all her own clothes and costumes. I'm between a 14 and 16 (would like to get back down to the 14 I was a year ago...), which is why I buy those two sizes. Every pattern in the 4 big boxes was a 14 or 16...such fun! I need to ask for her name again next time I see him.

Color me JEALOUS!!! :D

Vanessa

One Too Many
Lauren - make sure you leave those patterns out somewhere accessible and then walk off and pay no attention to me stuffing them in my suitcase, k?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Glad you like them! They're my babies (and my investment lol ) I can't even believe how much patterns are starting to go for these days! Hopefully my kids won't throw em all out someday :eek:

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
I have been collecting this Vintage Pattern for several Years

It is International Silver's 1934 Trousseau pattern. I liken the spare design to an ear of wheat. It's a pleasure to use and a dream to clean. :essen:

0181_1_lg.jpg

0181_2_lg.jpg

inttrousseauf1.jpg

inttrousseau2.jpg

Etienne

A-List Customer
Well, your post certanly gave an interesting slant to this vintage "patterns" thread! The silver is just beautiful--I love the restraint of the pattern, the patina of the pieces and their graceful design. Funny that your post should pop up here today because I was just thinking that it might be a fun thread to discuss the things we collect. I just may go and start such a thread...!

Vanessa

One Too Many
I just want to post a pic of my newest pattern - one which I've been searching for awhile now and just won off ebay a little bit ago, so I'm quite excited about it.

99_1.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Vanessa said:
I just want to post a pic of my newest pattern - one which I've been searching for awhile now and just won off ebay a little bit ago, so I'm quite excited about it.

99_1.jpg

Vanessa, If you ever out of the goodness of your heart wanted to, oh I don't know, make a copy of that pattern and mail it off to someone... I know someone who may be interested... :) Yeah, that would be me! :) LOL

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Lauren Henline said:
Here's my favorites :)
mypatterns4.jpg

mypatterns1.jpg

mypatterns2_000.jpg

mypatterns3.jpg

I absolutely love that McCall's 4425, have you made it? The evening dress with the hip bow/sarong skirt. It reminds me of the dress that the Baroness wore in The Sound of Music.

I had my Grandma send me all the old patterns she had laying around. Unfortunely, they were all mostly from the early 60's when my Mom and Aunt were in high school :-/

decodoll

Practically Family
Vanessa said:

99_1.jpg

Congratulations, Vanessa!! :)

Kathleen Klein

New in Town
Vogue Vintage Patterns

Have two Vogue Paris Original patterns
If anyone would like them.
They are both size 12 but one says
bust 30 and the other says bust 32.
I peeked inside and the don't seem to have
been used. One is a Paquin wrap around dress
with large buttons at the bodice and along the skirt
quite divine. The other is rather Audrey Hephburn
looking -- Christian Dior --with a square neckline. Patterns run much
smaller back when.
Sorry I don't have a digital camera.
But will send to the lucky size 10-12 out there.
Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy