Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Hemp Stratoliner

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I found this thread again, and read it with abandon. Taking both Eric and Anthony's excellent reviews in mind, I have gone back over my new Stetson Stratoliner Milan in Hemp. There are some of the same issues with the ribbon installation, but not as prominent as described. At least not enough to detract from wearing. The overall quality is fine with me, I may have other opinions as I fondle further. It does need some steam therapy however.
View attachment 83358 View attachment 83359 View attachment 83360
I just went full filtered water pour on my Milan. And then held the front brim down on and off for 30 or so minutes in exaggerated form until it dried off. Looks like this one should take!

I'm late to this thread. Was there someone offering a discount on the hemp Stratoliners?
I have an Akubra Balmoral hemp hat that I like a lot. The Balmoral has a more traditional Panama shape, but I have a soft spot for the thin ribbons and I'm loving the colors Stetson is offering in this hat. If there is a vender offering a discount I'd appreciate a link? Thanks all.

I'm late to this thread. Was there someone offering a discount on the hemp Stratoliners?
I have an Akubra Balmoral hemp hat that I like a lot. The Balmoral has a more traditional Panama shape, but I have a soft spot for the thin ribbons and I'm loving the colors Stetson is offering in this hat. If there is a vender offering a discount I'd appreciate a link? Thanks all.
Sorry, I should have looked first. I found the link on page one. Now I have to chose a color.

@Redfokker got his from his local haberdasher during a sale.
It was an end of summer sale, he was blowing out his straws. You can find them at a discount all over the web. I would only go with the "special edition" version, the regular ones are a little skimpy. It is best to have the opportunity to pick the best one from a batch though. QC can be an issue on modern Stetsons.

It was an end of summer sale, he was blowing out his straws. You can find them at a discount all over the web. I would only go with the "special edition" version, the regular ones are a little skimpy. It is best to have the opportunity to pick the best one from a batch though. QC can be an issue on modern Stetsons.
Hatters and haberdasheries are far and few between where I live. A two hour trip into San Francisco is its own special kind of hell. Add to that my impulsive nature. I found one at a decent and ordered it.

I really like Red's Sand hemp, too.
It was the safe choice. When buying vintage you take what you can get and that often a forces you out of your comfort zone and you get to experience all sorts of options. Vintage makes one try new hats. Too often, when I buy new and get my choice of colors and styles and revert to the safe (boring) choices.

Still, this sand color looked really good and I just had to give it a try. I'll post photos when it arrives. I keep thinking about the navy and the sage versions; just what I didn't need, three more summer hats.

RJR

Any chance of seeing a few more photos of this hat? I'm trying to convince myself that I need one navy. Yours looks so nice I think I'm also adding sage.
Hat-Stetson Strat Hemp Brown.jpg
Here's a pic of the brown.

RJR

Thank you. That really is a wonderful hat and the color makes it stand out without being shouty. You're making my decision harder.
No problem,there isn't much not to like about these hats.FYI:Lounger Mike @ (one2miniranch.com)has these for $105+shipping.

No problem,there isn't much not to like about these hats.FYI:Lounger Mike @ (one2miniranch.com)has these for $105+shipping.

That's where I ordered the sand colored hat last night. Prudence tells me I should wait for the first to arrive to ensure fit and quality, but I'm known for my rash decisions (good and bad). I'm now looking at navy, brown, and sage.

And it's autumn and my felt hats are finally coming out. Oh yeah, I'm ordering more SunBody hats and I'm looking to make my annual replacement of my one-and-done budget Panama hat. I think I might need professional help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner