Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Adjustment Bureau" might be the movie that brings back Wearing Hats...

Corky

Practically Family
Based on a Phillip K. Dick story, "The Adjustment Bureau" is a well-crafted work, shot on film on real locations in New York.

The-Adjustment-Bureau-4-1024x682.jpg

An awesome movie which poses questions like What If...?

Matt Damon fans will appreciate that it is like a movie about the sort of thing that might have happened to Good Will Hunting after he grew up.

The-Adjustment-Bureau-2-1024x680.jpg

Lots of thought was put into this modestly-budgeted movie by some very talented people.

Lots of careful thought was put into the script, the casting, the locations, the costumes, etc.

And a lot of very detailed thought was put into the HATS in this movie, and...

the_adjustment_bureau-535x350.jpg

A lot of thought was even put into the HAT BANDS in this movie...

And it ALL shows up on screen.

A rare treat for hat people.

Synopsis:

Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us? Matt Damon stars in the thriller The Adjustment Bureau as a man who glimpses the future Fate has planned for him and realizes he wants something else. To get it, he must pursue the only woman he's ever loved across, under and through the streets of modern-day New York. On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, ambitious politician David Norris (Damon) meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise Sellas (Emily Blunt)–a woman like none he's ever known. But just as he realizes he's falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart.

David learns he is up against the agents of Fate itself–the men of The Adjustment Bureau–who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together. In the face of overwhelming odds, he must either let her go and accept a predetermined path…or risk everything to defy Fate and be with her.

Last edited:

W4ASZ

Practically Family
I'm in with this one.

My Resistol 880 with the famous Kitten Finish (meow !) wants to go , too.

ResistolFedora11.jpg

Spoiler Thought : What if The Adjustment Bureau turns out to be a group of Rogue Chiropractors ? :eeek:

Mr Vim

One Too Many
The film was great! Wonderfully written with great acting, John Slattery was perfect in his role as Richardson... but the best was the hats, they actually made the hats, any hats but primarily Fedoras, a pivotal plot point. I don't want to spoil it so go and see this film.

The best part is when the film ended I got up to leave and put on my fedora, everyone in the audience was shouting "that's one of those guys from the movie!" People thought it was a publicity stunt.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
David learns he is up against the agents of Fate itself–the men of The Adjustment Bureau–who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together.
Great. Now I have an actual physical image of those dudes who follow me around on every first date. lol

W4ASZ

Practically Family
The film was great! Wonderfully written with great acting, John Slattery was perfect in his role as Richardson... but the best was the hats, they actually made the hats, any hats but primarily Fedoras, a pivotal plot point. I don't want to spoil it so go and see this film.

The best part is when the film ended I got up to leave and put on my fedora, everyone in the audience was shouting "that's one of those guys from the movie!" People thought it was a publicity stunt.

What hat did you wear when you went to see The Adjustment Bureau ?

There should be records kept here for that.

Perhaps more importantly, how do you know it wasn't a publicity stunt ?

:eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, I wear a fedora nearly everyday, I wasn't not going to for this film. But as far as what sort of hat, it was an Adams fedora, a bit wider brim than the ones worn in the film, they all tended to wear stingy brims.

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Well, I wear a fedora nearly everyday, I wasn't not going to for this film. But as far as what sort of hat, it was an Adams fedora, a bit wider brim than the ones worn in the film, they all tended to wear stingy brims.

Good deal. But, you have set a precedent which I think should be followed. :D

Now when I do it, it will be premeditated. :cool2:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Vim and W4, I was thinking those very things. I wear a fedora every day. I want to see that movie. Before this discussion I wouldnt have given the premeditatedness a second thought. Now its like . . . oh no! :)

Alex

Practically Family
I don't wear a fedora every day, but I wore my Adam with a 2 1/2 brim. The other night I stopped into the grocery store and talked to one of my friends, and I was wearing one of my stingys. He said he liked the fedora, asked me where I got it, and if I saw the Adjustment Bureau. I said yeah and he was like, "Man after I saw that movie I really wanted a fedora, and not those cheap kinds that they have at like Walmart."

...a bit wider brim than the ones worn in the film, they all tended to wear stingy brims.
Speaking of which, does anyone else think the hat Matt Damon wears in the film isn't quite "right" for him? I haven't seen the film yet (only trailers and photos) so my opinion might change after I have seen it, but I think a hat with even a slightly wider brim would have been better. Or is it just me?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of which, does anyone else think the hat Matt Damon wears in the film isn't quite "right" for him? I haven't seen the film yet (only trailers and photos) so my opinion might change after I have seen it, but I think a hat with even a slightly wider brim would have been better. Or is it just me?

Yes, I think that the brim is too stingy, and doesn't curl right on the sides.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab

It is not his hat in the movie, and it looks better on the other guy who wears it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner