Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Antipodean thread

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Last night ABC aired "Recipe for Murder". It was about a spate of poisonings in Sydney during the 50's. Peter Doyle (the author of City of Shadows & Crims like us) appeared on the show. Here's the iview link if you missed it http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/program/771586

medium_img_0.jpg

I loved the bit about the Murderous Granny being nicknamed "Aunty Thal" in prison due to her predilection for poisoning with Thalium

Last edited:

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Well Cookie, I must admit the Concierge at "Breakfree on George" has been disagreeable in the extreme just lately, lovely view of the "Coat hanger" from the Sitting Room, shame about the 90's apartment Slab, viewed from the Master Bedroom, and as to the kitchen floor, one of us has to go

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Well Cookie, I must admit the Concierge at "Breakfree on George" has been disagreeable in the extreme just lately, lovely view of the "Coat hanger" from the Sitting Room, shame about the 90's apartment Slab, viewed from the Master Bedroom, and as to the kitchen floor, one of us has to go

That floor I was looking at it and just talking to the missus as I write this. We saw that in a book when we were renovating in the late 90s and were tempted to use it ourselves. It was Country Floors who had them and we did not use them on our front porch because they were too thick in height.

tuppence

Practically Family
I'm just pissed that it's only on Foxtel. being a swing dancer, a few of us are actually IN it from Perth. Shows like this should be on free-to-air :(

I didn't really like it, but I've recorded it to disk anyway. I think there is another episode to go. If you can't get to see it I'm happy to post you a copy.
I love Boardwalk empire

swinggal

One Too Many
I'm looking forward to Underbelly Razor. We'll see how well they handle 20s costuming. Australian and Brit drama's are pretty spot on when it comes to wardrobe though, love watching old Aussie drama like the Sullivans and ANZACS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljz5u0LlNF0&feature=share

About time someone did a drama about the razor gangs of Sydney in the 1920s. Such an amazing history really of two rival underworld gangs headed up by Kate Leigh and Tilly Devine. Good to learn about our own history. Here's some info on the real story:

http://www.compare-quotes.com.au/?gclid=CIzwmKa2l6kCFU6ApAodeAjitg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
To all Melburnians (or visitors there in late July), the annual Melbourne Open House on Saturday and Sunday, 30th and 31st July 2011

"Melbourne Open House unlocks your city. You’ll be able to explore 75 incredible buildings for free.
Residents, visitors, families, design buffs, architecture fans – absolutely anyone who loves Melbourne is invited to explore great contemporary, historic and sustainable buildings and spaces."

I believe it was fantastic. Here's the link: MOH 2011. I'm about to set up a thread in Events

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
MAY 2011 - PHRYNE EXTRAS CASTING!

They said It Not me!

We are excited to announce an opportunity for Phryne fans to get involved in the production.
We are looking for people interested in working as extras on the series, which is set in 1920s Melbourne.
Our casting department is looking for men and women over the age of 18. Of course, the ‘look’ of the 1920s is a world away from 2011, so we would not be able to cast anyone with gel nails, any obvious hair colouring or hair extensions, any visible tattoos or piercings or fake tans. Men would have to be prepared to have their hair cut in the period style.
If you are interested in working as an extra please email gow.martine@abc.net.au with your full name, age, contact details, measurements (chest, waist, hips, shoe) and two photos of yourself (a head shot and a full body shot).
Become a Facebook friend of Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries or see here for any updates and upcoming Phryne news!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner