Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Diamond Authority

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I originally bashed my Bluegrass Green Campdraft in a wide C-crown, and I liked it, but for some reason I took a notion to add a rear pinch and dents to make a diamond shape. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I like the results.

img3621tb.jpg

img3619k.jpg

img3617y.jpg

img3620e.jpg

img3627.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
We watched Foreign Correspondent (Hitchcock) during the Super Bowl last night. There are some great hats, including the lead character's (Whippet?) with a perfect, Mario-style, diamond.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Lefty -- I guess you're referring to this particular hat?

correspondent_01.jpg

correspondent_02.jpg

correspondent_03.jpg

You're right, this could very well be a Whippet.​

:eek:fftopic:On a sidenote: I have to say that I'm dying for his suit...the fabric looks absolutely beautiful... BTW: Note that he's wearing a button-down with his tie... ;)
correspondent_04.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That's the one. Also, check out the hat on Van Meer. I don't have a good pic of it, but it looks like a nice long hair.
4924.jpg

My wife got tired of me talking about the great lapel roll on that suit.

Last edited:

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Thought I better stick this in here as well. This hat deserves a bit of attention after all the hassle it had to endure.

I just looked it up; 671 Randolph is right across the street from the Wayne County Building (not to be confused with the Coleman A. Young Municipal Building, f/k/a the City-County Building).

Alas, no custom hatters there, though. Just a row of empty storefronts.

-Dave

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
Diamonds are forever

After watching Bogart in Across the Pacific on Time-Warner's free on-demand, I had a wild hair up my butt to reshape some hats that are amenable to reshaping. His hat was a very tight diamond, sort of. I didn't want to totally reshape these, but I made diamond of them. From left to right, one vintage Borsalino, two modern Borsalinos, and one Biltmore-Miller (least quality of the bunch, grr).

Hope you like them.

Tom

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

Duper

Practically Family
After watching Bogart in Across the Pacific on Time-Warner's free on-demand, I had a wild hair up my butt to reshape some hats that are amenable to reshaping. His hat was a very tight diamond, sort of. I didn't want to totally reshape these, but I made diamond of them. From left to right, one vintage Borsalino, two modern Borsalinos, and one Biltmore-Miller (least quality of the bunch, grr).

Hope you like them.

Tom

d3.jpg

Well done VetPsychWars, What are the models and colours of the modern Borsalinos?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot