Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thankful Thread

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I am thankful for:

My husband. I'm thankful that he came along at the right time, and that he asked me to dance. We may not have the easiest life (right now), but I can't imagine it without him.

My family. For as much as they can be a source of stress, I don't know where I'd be without them.

My mom. Over the past three years, she has taught me what grace is. Through all of the adversities she's faced recovering from her stroke, she's kept a smile on her face and a cheery outlook.

My grannie. She taught me how to cook. I put my own spin on the basics she showed me, and am now better than most restaurants I've been to.

My friends. For lending a shoulder when I needed it, for listening, and for making me laugh.

My job. Some days I can't believe I get paid to do what I do. That makes up for the days that I question why I do what I do.

My car/apartment. They both keep me off the streets!

Dancing. When I'm moving, I don't think about the worries of my day, and it lightens my mood. (Need to remember to do it more!)

Vacation. This year has been a rough one for me with not a lot of down time. I'm glad that I get a nice chunk of time off that I can spend with the man that I love.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
deelovely said:
:rage: I am thankful for Prozac.... Sorry, I am having a BAD day...:rolleyes:

Been there too Deelovely. :eek:

I am thankful I had a great time with my Mother before she died. (I think about that every day.)

Im thankful Ive been in love before.

Im thankful Im the only human living in my apartment :)

Im thankful my Granny still argues with me :)

LD

$ally

One Too Many
Very good thread.
I'm thankful for:
  • my family's health (I have the BEST family in the world)
  • my circle of lifelong childhood friends back home
  • the AZ Chippies, who are the talk of the town in any town
  • my artistic and sewing talents that always get me through in a pinch
  • my snuggly pet kitty Toonces
  • music and dance
  • comedians who are willing to make fools of themselves to get a laugh and cheer us all up
I'm also thankful that:
  • I got out of a bad relationship when I did
  • I am safe
  • I have a decent place to live
  • my son is getting high honors in college on a National Merit Scholarship, while still having fun with friends
  • my big brothers always have me covered
  • I have a car that runs and is paid off
    • there are so many kind , caring people in the world

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I am thankful for the funny way that squirrels run. I know it sounds stupid, but has anyone seen it? Look out for a running squirrel tomorrow. It fills my heart with sunshine! :)

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
Ada Veen said:
I am thankful for the funny way that squirrels run. I know it sounds stupid, but has anyone seen it? Look out for a running squirrel tomorrow. It fills my heart with sunshine! :)

I don't think we have many squirrels here in Phoenix. BUT we do have cute quail families that run accross the streets! I am thankful for them!

Gary Crumrine

One of the Regulars
I am thankful for small children who respond to any of the five commands (Come! Sit! Stay! Heel! No!) required of the well trained spanial.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
For food, for raiment,
For life, for opportunities,
For friendship and fellowship,
We thank Thee, O Lord.

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
I am thankful I live in a place where I feel safe walking home after dark.
I am thankful for the peaceful woods behind my house. They remind me that the world does not revolve around me. The squirrels will be just as bushy-tailed whether I pass English or not.

I am thankful, for I have a God who loves and cares for me. He will never leave me.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
I am thankful for.....

~my strength
~people who love me
~new beginnings
~ really good beer
~and for the people who buy me really good beer!:D

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Golly...

...I don't know where to start. I feel like I have so much.

Family, friends, country. Right now, sitting in my "man chair" with a cold one, typing posts and watching TV with my wife.

I'm also thankful for all the beautiful people here in the Lounge.

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
I'm thankful for a whole lot of serious things like family, stability, roof over my head, the best dog in the world, etc. but today I'm REALLY thankful for Nyquil. :eusa_clap

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, for the antithisis of The $#@*^ Thread most forums I patronize have a "Things I like" thread to balance it out. :)

I'm am thankful for all my church members being concerned about my illnesses.

I love vintage cars!

I love cats and dogs

I really like most of the folks here and am thankful for them:D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am thankful that I feel happy and rested on a "Monday morning". I don't think I have ever felt that way on any Monday Morning in the past.

I am am thankful that I was able to fit into this suit even though my interveiw was canceled.

Diamondback said:
...Second chances. Not everyone gets the slate wiped clean on who they are and a chance to start over; I've had two.
...Forgiveness. To steal a phrase from a politician, "I believe in forgiveness, because I have needed it."
...Mentors and guides. Without them, I'd be totally lost, and my current "second chance" at life might be as much of a botch as the first.
...The Lounge and everyone who makes it work. It's about the only "life" I've got, and I appreciate y'all being part of it.
...Posts like the one from the young lady in Poland, reminding each of us that there's more to life than just ourselves.
Yes. Also Thankful:
Woke up in my own little apartment in the U.S.A, with a little money in the bank, most of my teeth in my head, in decent health, going to a new little job on my recently repaired old reliable motorcycle, with two loving pets (and the love of one who went on ahead), a choice of hats to wear, good people in my corner, finding the Lounge(ers), - I have a lot to be thankful for!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou