Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thankful Thread

carter

I'll Lock Up
I am thankful for this day, for without this day we'd have no day at all.

I'm thankful for my children.

I'm thankful for the sound of wind chimes when the breezes blow.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am thankful

for literacy!
My husband
My family
My friends
My band members (and all musicians)
My cat
Being alive
Being an American, and being able to fight for the preservation of our right to freedom without having to worry about that midnight knock on the door... yet.

Benny Holiday

I'm thankful to God for my family, for loving parents who gave me a wonderful childhood and many, many happy memories; for my wife and my daughter, my sister and her young family; I'm thankful for my friends, and that I live in a beautiful country that values democracy and freedom.

I'm thankful for my health, and my happiness, that I have a job and a house and I'm thankful for life, so very precious.

Thank you God.

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
I am thankful that almost five years ago, my wife finally forced me to go to the doctor after being worried about my bruises and bleeding for the previous six months. I am here because of that.

ShortClara

One Too Many
I'm grateful that my heart palpitations are benign, and a little beta blocker has stopped them. I'm grateful I'll get to sleep tonight for the first time in three nights because the drummer will have stopped banging on my ticker :)

I'm grateful for my wonderful husband who off work today to take me to the emergency room. I hope that's the most exciting ER visit I ever have, because it was quick and boring :)

Twitch

If they gave you what I take, Atenolol, you'll be fine. It calm the heart right down....and I'm thankful.
Hey the emoticons took over up there it's A-t-e-n-o-l-o-l

Caledonia

Practically Family
Heck, I'm just thankful. Personally I like to have a really good "life sucks" day every so often. It kind of clears the tubes. But on the whole, looking at it in the round, and staying empathetically associated with the planet, I'm in accord with the proposition that what you have you should cherish, and if someone else doesn't have it, share it with them or fight their corner (that's on a good day, I admit...).

scarlett

One of the Regulars
I am grateful for my life. I am grateful for the health and well being of all friends and family. I am thankful to live in a society were when we are faced with a challenging or dreadful situation, it brings out the best in us. And of course I am thankful to all of you loungers for sharing your opions, wit, sense of humor and keen fashion sense.
;)

BegintheBeguine

Thankful for The Fedora Lounge

Thankful there are leaves to rake, that I have a couch to sleep on and a nice old house, a car to drive and a job I love to pay for the gas, thankful for the Salvation Army for giving unfortunate people a chance in life and me a place to shop my whole life, for my pets, my friends, family, movies, shows, music, books, pictures, that my parents and granmere took good care of me and my brother and sister and taught us good values, and for the Jackass thread.

$ally

One Too Many
This is a selfish one; I'm thankful that I'll be able to spend the Thanksgiving Holiday (yanks taking) with over a dozen family members here and that my family in the Midwest will be together too. We'll run up a huge bill playing Pass The Phone, eat too much delicious home cooking, play croquet with the kids, watch the game, and take long naps.

Vintage Betty

Thankful

For those I am thankful:

My husband. For no matter what he says, he doesn't really care about vintage and pretends he does because I do. ;)

For MK: For letting me into his playground.

For Miss Neecerie: For being wise and for trying to bring optimisim to the FL. Over and over and over again.

For Art: For great hugs and for our long talks.

For Paddy: For the compliment (I think?) and for being a good sport. Plus, the compliments cheering me on. (thanks by the way)

For Barry: For letting me touch his $450 hat and not cringing. And for spending a lot of time on something for me.

For MrBern, Feraud and Senator Jack: For looking handsome, and the good advice I received. Plus introducing me to the fact that sometimes meals DO start with pickles.

For imoldfashioned: For having identical taste that I do, the emails, and your good taste in clothing. :D

For Kishtu: For our long, long emails, and for making me laugh.

For Dinerman: For letting me impart my experience and appreciating the knowledge passed on.

For the Ladies in the Globe Trotting Hat Thread: For your efforts, enthusiasm, and for making me realize how absolutely wonderful it is to send a hat around the world and enjoy its journey with you.

For the loungers not listed, for being new and potential friends and making me feel like I have come home. :cheers1: I am thankful to meet everyone with similar interests online and in person.

And for the fact that I am fortunate enough to be giving stuff from my collection away to people who appreciate it.

Vintage Betty

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I am thankful for every new day. I am thankful for my daughter. I am thankful for my husband and my family. I am thankful my place didn't burn down. I am thankful that I hide money, because it turns up whenever I need it most. lol I am thankful for the FL and the wonderful helpful people I have met on here. I am thankful my husband is home to have Thanksgiving with me and not in Iraq. I am thankful for God.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I'm thankful for my new job and the fact that my husband and I can carpool a few times a week and have lunch together.

I'm thankful for my family & friends.

I'm thankful for my dog Bogie who keeps us laughing.

I'm thankful for my laptop and an internet connection where I can express my thankfulness.

Most of all, I'm thankful that my husband made it to one year without a heart attack and that the Lord has blessed us with another year together.

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
--That I lived, even though it wasn't looking too good for a while.
--Books, music (especially musical instruments) and machines that go fast. All seem to help keep me relatively sane.
--Bad puns.
--And nachos. Mmmm nachos

Hondo

One Too Many
Never too late, sorry to jump into it, Thankful for every day I awake,
Stress and hectic pace takes a toll, on me and families,
For all of us, try not to take things too seriously,
Live, be happy, be free, God Bless (or what ever you believe in)
this country of ours, Freedom, the good and bad.
And not to forget our Troops,
Forever grateful to you guys in uniforms.
All over the world, may God Speed.
Home!!!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Grateful, for lots of things....
For lots of good friends who know I'm not such a bad sort even though my big gob runs away with me sometimes...
For a brilliant son who at 11 still isn't too big for a hug!
For a million and one things every day...was having a rotten day last week until the train home, and I saw a fox and a heron and two baby deer in the fields by the train tracks. (ever feel they were put there to cheer you up?)
Thanks for this thread.
K;)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I'm thankful that my children are smart and healthy. I'm thankful for my insane family, although we are disfunctunctial, at least we function enough to get together once a week for a family day. (oh let the good times roll :p )I'm thankful for the few friends I have, new and old, and that I haven't driven the few new ones away yet with my insanity. lol (which just means the ones I actually know in person are nuttier than me!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou