Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To the bald

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
With all this talk of physical features floating around (why did this all start up anyway?) I give you balding men something in which to take pride. There were a few posts in the Powder room remarking on the bare scalp. Here are a couple that are that way by nature... very distinguished.

Michael Ironside.

The balder he gets, I think the better he looks.
johny_2.jpg

Of course it's cliche....

Connery
Sean%20Connery%20Pic.jpg

Please hold back on the Curly pics.

jay_b

Familiar Face
I have said that once I start to go blad I am totally shaving my head. I think I'll have another 10 years before that gene kicks in, so for now I'm enjoying have a full head of hair.:cool2:

ITG

Call Me a Cab
And my personal fave...our very own Paddy, and what a handsome bloke he is:
BroncoAero001.jpg

(Paddy, hope you don't mind but I couldn't let such a dashing guy go unnoticed.)

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I take a bow with respect...

As one of the balding, my thanks to Matt for this thread! Although I joke about being bald and fat, neither fact gives me great cause for alarm. Life is too short to be concerned about such trivial things and if you can't laugh at yourself...

Attitude and self-confidence will take you places where a good head of hair can't. No matter what fate sends your way, handle it with class. People will remember that about you long after they have forgotten what you looked like.

:cheers1:

Bebop

Practically Family
If you are a good looking guy, it does not matter if you are bald. Being handsome overshadows being bald. If you are ugly with hair, you will be ugly bald. You hear of women that say bald is sexy but of course they will point out a handsome bald guy that would look great no matter what. So, it isn't the bald that matters. It's the handsome or not. I would give up my "ugly" with a full head of hair for a "handsome" baldness anyday.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Johnnysan said:
Attitude and self-confidence will take you places where a good hair of hair can't. No matter what fate sends your way, handle it with class. People will remember that about you long after they forgotten what you looked like.

:cheers1:

So true!

The weakness is giving into your weakness... I had a bout and nearly gave in to one of mine recently, though I came to my senses.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Hahaa, a little while ago my boyfriend called me up to tell me that when he was shaving today he accidentally shaved off his sideburn (his 2nd time to do that this year-2006) and he was saying how he is thinking of just shaving off all his hair. I immediately thought back to this thread. But I think he was joking about shaving all his hair as he tends to joke around alot and because he immediately commented that it'd be his luck that his hair would grow back white like his dad's which is possible since he has salt & pepper hair at only 33 years of age. At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if he went and shaved his hair to just prove that he would do it since I kept taunting him that he was just kidding and would never go to that extreme.

Emily C.

New in Town
If I may voice my opinion, I find many men are attractive bald! Please, just let us all remember that, " It is what is on the inside that counts!" What is the use of a drop-dead gorgeous man who is a jerk?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
ITG said:
Hahaa, a little while ago my boyfriend called me up to tell me that when he was shaving today he accidentally shaved off his sideburn (his 2nd time to do that this year-2006) and he was saying how he is thinking of just shaving off all his hair. I immediately thought back to this thread. But I think he was joking about shaving all his hair as he tends to joke around alot and because he immediately commented that it'd be his luck that his hair would grow back white like his dad's which is possible since he has salt & pepper hair at only 33 years of age. At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if he went and shaved his hair to just prove that he would do it since I kept taunting him that he was just kidding and would never go to that extreme.

Bald by choice is one thing, bald by nature is another. I have no gene that will make me bald, though if I were to shave my head... with the suits I wear, I'm sure I'd look like Lex Luthor when I want to look like Clark Kent. Both distinguished, both very sharp, both I could enact.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
Bald by choice is one thing, bald by nature is another. I have no gene that will make me bald, though if I were to shave my head... with the suits I wear, I'm sure I'd look like Lex Luthor when I want to look like Clark Kent. Both distinguished, both very sharp, both I could enact.

Hehehe I have a thing for the whole Clark Kent opening his shirt showing his Superman S underneath! I am a big of a geek...

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
jay_b said:
I have said that once I start to go bald I am totally shaving my head.

That's exactly what I did four and a half years ago (having a bald patch before I was thirty just seemed wrong). No regrets, although the first couple of days felt a little odd and it does seem to work better for some people than it does for others. These days I can't imagine having hair of any length again.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
Oh I know! But I was just commenting on how funny it was that I read that thread today and he commented that he was going to shave his hair off.

Oh and if Yule Brenner had hair he'd look like the Asian guy on Star Trek.

Naama

Practically Family
Emily C. said:
What is the use of a drop-dead gorgeous man who is a jerk?

Well.......................... No, I'm not gonna say that, as I'm trying to be a lady :rolleyes:

But just to add, there are also some ladys out there who look great without hair!
np3th.jpg

I even went to scool with a girl who looked better when she was bald (she had to shave her hair off because she used to had dreadz and didn't wantet them anymore)

Naama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24