Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To the bald

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
It helps to have a perfectly shaped head. Alll the aforementioned women do and most on our list of attractive bald guys.

A couple of years ago, I wondered what I would look like with my head shaved and told a good friend I was thinking of doing that. She advised me not to and said, "at your age, people will think you're on chemotherapy."

I have a friend who is a practising Buddhist and she shaves her head, also wears very Eastern clothing. People come up to me and ask if she is ill. And she is only in her mid-30's.

karol

Hondo

One Too Many
I think the beard works well, depending on a persons head shape, Bruce included. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m rapidly thinning; have no problem going out in public without a hat as I shave the whole thing in summer. I just love the feel and look wearing a hat. You just don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t see many ?¢‚Ǩ?ìbald?¢‚Ǩ? men wearing fedora hats in 1930?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s or 40?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s. All styles come and go, I say to each his own. :cool:

BaldGuysRule.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Matt, I needed that

I started going bald as a teen. Because of that I don't invest too much of who I am with hair.
I don't plan on shaving my head. Although I enjoyed Keenan Ivory Wayans, when asked about his shaved head, saying he fired it before it quit.
I just comb it back and let my Poirot-esque pate shine proudly. I can't see me having a comb-over.
The downside of Golden Age balding actors is they were always secondary characters (even comic relief) or wore a toupee.
This also explains my love of hats. You only need to sunburn your scalp once before thinking of protection!

Sincerely,
The bald and sexy Wolf

P.S. Persis Khambata has beautiful dark flowing hair but still looked great in "Star Trek: the (cruddy) Motion Picture"

farnham54

A-List Customer
I've gone near-bald twice, once because...actually I don't know why I shaved it off the first time, it was pretty much a whim...Oh wait, it was the :beer: :D

The second time, my students needed a stress-buster, so I said "Lets shave my head" at about 3 am--they loved it. Gave me a Faux-hawk, a Mohawk, and all kinds of neat stuff before the night was through.

I have a different ailment of the hair. I'm only 20 years old, and I'm already going grey! But, it's George Clooney-style salt and pepper, so I'm not too worried :)

Cheers
Craig

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Me and Bruce...follically challenged Die Hards!

BruceWillis1.jpg
[/IMG]
PaddyBruceWillis004.jpg

MumBill033.jpg
[/IMG]
If Tinkerbelle landed on my pillow tonight and granted me a wish to have a full head of hair, would I go for it? Difficult one, as people know me now for what I look like and at the end of the day most folk judge me on how I come across as a person, rather than my hair count!!
On a positive note too, my paternal father and grandfather were both bald (or lacking a full head of hair!), and so, I carry a wee bit of them in their genes around with me, which is a nice thought. But I'd rather be remembered for being a genuine, decent person with a lack of hair, than a nasty piece of work with a full head of hair!

The last pic of my mum and her hubby when I took them to a lovely old Italian family restaurant before Christmas (can you tell we enjoy our wine?)

OH, btw Holly, what a sweetie you truely are saying those nice things a few threads back. So, if my only admirer in the world was Holly, then that will do me just fine, I couldn't ask for more:) !! .

Dashingemt

New in Town
Beautifully bald by choice (not mine, gods)

At 25 I discovered that I had to go bald. After joining the military at 18 my poindexter part in the middle long hair had to go. As it started to grow back I noticed that it wasnt all coming back. So I took the razer to it. I am lucky that I have a head perfectly shaped for the bald look. Now I shave it every day and cant imagine myself with hair. It has become my trademark (the soft smooth head). I think that its all in how you embrace it.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
bald guys (or partially bald guys) isn't that big of a deal at all....actually, I think of all the guys that I know, almost all has a bald spot at least, it's kinda hard finding a guy with a full set of hair....I think the more a guy matures the sexier he becomes....(but lets not confuse that with the wrinkled , old and gray type!) I really love gray streaks in the hair, which on a woman is not all that attractive.
About that Nattalie Portman shaving her head deal.....(warning: I'm very opinionated about this sort of thing) that was just plain wrong....there's bald caps for that sort of thing.

Dashingemt

New in Town
Balding...or beautifying

I think the worst thing though is when men try to hold on and try to convince themselves they are not going bald...i.e the combover. Or worse plugs. There is a time to say, "you know what, its time to embrace what I am given and rock it the best I can"

Dashingemt

New in Town
one more thing

And...oh yeah.... Miss Portman needs to grow those beautiful locks back. UGH poor thing. I just have to visualize her in Star Wars ep. 1. Now there she had some beautiful hair!!!!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
she had gorgeous hair. *sighs* yep, just keep picturing her in the star wars movies
and I totally agree with the whole comb-over bit, like, who are they kidding? it loods so stupid! I know plenty of good-looking balding men, hair or no hair, their personalities make them terrific

Dashingemt

New in Town
desperation

I think the people who embrace it have a natural personality. The ones who try to avoid it are deep down insecure and its like a circle of no confidence. "oh god Im going bald, gotta try to hide it" "hes trying to hide hes bald I bet he has no confidence Im not going to talk to him" "no ones talking to me, I gotta try harder to hide my baldness" "Look how hard hes trying to hide hes going bald...he must be a wuss" and the circle goes on and on and on. and who needs hair when you got a killer hat :cool2:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
The Man

The partner in charge where I work:

DCribari.jpg

Smart, organized, good-natured, funny...(and no, I don't think he reads this forum). He is a pleasure to work for.

Zach R.

Practically Family
farnham54 said:
I have a different ailment of the hair. I'm only 20 years old, and I'm already going grey! But, it's George Clooney-style salt and pepper, so I'm not too worried

I know I've said it on COW, but you and I are in the same boat.

I'm not even 18 yet and I have almost as many greys in my head as my father.:eek:

clevispin

One of the Regulars
I looked back in the mirror one day and surprised myself - way bald! And it must have been that way for a few years! I'd never noticed. Haven't really given it a thought since. More important things to worry about.

m

ITG

Call Me a Cab
PADDY said:
OH, btw Holly, what a sweetie you truely are saying those nice things a few threads back. So, if my only admirer in the world was Holly, then that will do me just fine, I couldn't ask for more:) !! .
You know if I didn't have a boyfriend already, all the single ladies there in Scotland would be in for some competition. ;)

Oh on another note, a few years back I found a Father's Day card for my balding father. It said, "Dad's like you are far and few between," (then you open it up) "just like the hairs on your head." He loved it!

You know this reminds me of a comment my aunt made several years ago. We saw a man who had a shaved head but a full beard. She remarked that it looked like he had his head on upside down. :) I still laugh when I think about it but she said it not me. :p
Now that I have a beard, and yes it has more darned gray than my hair :rage:, I wonder if someone will think the same thing if I shave my head. ;)

Regards to all,

J

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I really don't think you would get very many comments about it, but you could go with a goatee....I personally like them over beards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80