Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage 1940s halfbelt (pics)

srivats

Familiar Face
I found a very nice, original 1940s halfbelt made by Bogen and Tanenbaum (same maker who had a navy contract during WW2) on ebay ... have already paid for it and waiting for it to arrive. I love the leather, very nice for a 60-year-old jacket. I'd love to get your opinion on this jacket ...

Here are some pics from the seller:

1_front.jpg

13_liner.jpg

9_label_closeup.jpg

9_back.jpg

10_halfbelt.jpg

7_conmar.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
The overall construction and leather look great. The back has some very nice shape to it.

What size is it?

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
That is one fine looking jacket.

Very similar the Goodwear half belt don’t you think.

Do hope the fit is ok for you, if so put it on a take a picture.

This style of jacket seems to be getting more popular of late, I can see why.

A good find.

James

srivats

Familiar Face
Thanks for all your comments, gents ...

James, the jacket looks more close to the halfbelts that aero makes, don't you think? Goodwear's civilian monarch is an amazing jacket too ...

The tagged size of this jacket is 40 with the following measurements:

Pit/pit=21"
Sleeves=26"
Shoulders=18"
Base of neck to end of jacket=27"

I normally wear a size 38 but from the above measurements, it looks like this jacket is going to fit me very well. I'll try to post some pictures of me wearing it once it arrives.

srivats

Familiar Face
Took delivery of the jacket today ... the leather is exquisite. The jacket is in absolutely fantastic shape, all seams are intact and the liner is still very solid with no rips or tears. It is a little dirty near the collar but not too much.

The best part is, it fits me as if it were tailored for me! I think I have found that perfect jacket I have been looking for. I will try to post some pics of me wearing over the weekend.

This is probably one of my best purchases this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran