Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
yesterday afternoon and evening: I'm wearing one of my "makes me happy" outfits:

Wardrobe peices;
vintage 1940s coral coloured rayon long sleeve blouse with the 'gumdrop' buttons and hand embroidery around the buttonholes. Paired with my favourite caramel brown RL high waisted pleated wool trousers, and an off white vintage 1940s rayon blazer with trapunto stitching.

Accessories; vintage 1940s taupe lace up heeled shoes, vintage 40s goldtone bracelet, 40s brown corde' purse, modern cultured pearl necklace, modern cameo earrings and Coach watch. The eyeglasses are not vintage, new from Catherine Deneuve.
IMG_2983.jpg

I used the 'antique' effect on iPhoto to "vintage-fy" this iTouch picture.

Last edited:

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Im glad they looked into my closet and had the urge to try them on, I can almost never find anyone to snap a photo of me wearing those outfits

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Late 30s/Early 40s Suit
Late 30s/Early 40s Stetson Special
1960s Seiko Watch
Modern Shoes.

00319.jpg

Same as above, but with a 1950s Harris Tweed Overcoat added:

Splinter, you won't believe this, but I just bought a suit that looks exactly like that one for 7 bucks from the local thrift store! I'll post pics once I have it back from the tailor. Looks awesome on you btw.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very much, Tom & Gin!

I love this suit, and the overcoat just recently had the sleeves lengthened, now it fits perfectly!

Can't wait to see your new threads Gin! Bet they look sharp!

~Justin

Last edited:
Awesome - the suit fits you perfectly. You can see why it would have been just a little long on my 5' 2" frame!! Be aware that there will ikely be no going back to modern clothes now you know how good 30s suits look …

I noticed when I was hemming the trousers that the "black" of the PoW check is actually a very deep blue, so it might just work with that brown hat of yours. From the photo, I'd say it does indeed work with the brown. With a pair of deep brown shoes, it'll be perfect.

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Thanks, no thats only unprofessional Hobby !
Sugar Cane Wabash Vest and Pants, Lofgren Cap and Shirt , Red Wing Iron Ranger

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner