Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

brendon

Familiar Face
sproily said:
Nice color matching Mario :)

I bought a 30's suit, 30's brown shoes and a 30's-40's tie.

The suit's being modified and shoes at the cobblers. You'll see them soon enough :)

Today:

Some goofy statures and faces, beware
todayeh1.jpg

todayeh2.jpg
excellent as usual loving the club collar and bar

Panache

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
Not true vintage, but definitely vintage inspired! Pulling this old thing out of the closet just the other day to check the fit and see if any alterations or repairs need to get made. Have worn it on several occasions since purchasing getting it at Nordstrom in early 2003. Worn to the Feb 2009 concert of the CA Pops Orchestra, and for performing on mic Ella's cover of "Night and Day" for the Cubberly ballroom dancers in Palo Alto in 2008. This pic was taken in early Aug 2008, before I discovered Pilates, so I look a little bit thicker in the torso than I am now. This dress is probably what I'll be wearing to the ADSC's Art Deco Ball this May in SF:
384006538.jpg

cC,

What else could one say but VA VA VA VOOM!

You look absolutely fantastic

Cheers

Jamie

GrrlFriday

New in Town
I'm new around here and having the hardest time tearing myself away from this thread.

Just when I thought guys my age had completely forgotten how to present themselves like gentlemen, I find Sproily, Dinerman, Maguire, Metropd, and really way too many of you to name individually. Thanks for making my day.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Rehearsing for the coming season... ;)

Same outfit (today's find: linen/cotton jacket bought from a local thrift store for 4.0 €), two different hats.

Early 1940's Louis Custom Hatters.

louis_custom_hatters_03_12_10.jpg

Mallory Ten Cravenette, again from the early 1940's.

mallory_cravenette_03_12_10.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Mario said:
Rehearsing for the coming season... ;)

Same outfit (today's find: linen/cotton jacket bought from a local thrift store for 4.0 €), two different hats.

Early 1940's Louis Custom Hatters.

louis_custom_hatters_03_12_10.jpg

Mallory Ten Cravenette, again from the early 1940's.

mallory_cravenette_03_12_10.jpg

Just remarkable!! Didn't I see you in some film noir opus???

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
YES, YES!! A black bow tie, Sir to go with the DB white jacket. Then it will all start to VINTAGE snowball; a 30s-40s grosgrain lapel tuxedo tuxedo, a Palm Beach ivory DB dinner jacket, then a 40s suit...:)

QUOTE=Mario]:)Looking at the photos I get the feeling that I'll need a black bowtie for this combo... :D[/QUOTE]

Cufflinks

New in Town
Stearmen said:
sproily said:
Here's yet another shot, I'll just list what it's composed of

lounaspuku.jpg

I am reminded of some young fashion expert I ran into a while back. We talked about suits, lapels, double or single breasted, and so on. Then I mentioned vests, he said no one wears vests, I said, then where do you cary your pocket watch, that is the coolest thing about a suit! He said I did have a point.

One of the best photos, I have seen in a long time. Love the tie and collar.

brendon

Familiar Face
havent posted pics in a while
shirt club collar by atlas
collar bar vintage
tie burton not vintage
braces by pelecan maybe vintage dont really know
waistcoat modern
pocket watch 90's startrek
DSCN1062.jpg

DSCN1054.jpg

DSCN1053.jpg