Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop said:
I am trying to stay off of cigarbid.I have been told I don't need anymore and my coolidor is full...

I can always get a bigger cooler though!

lol lol lol lol I figure that I have to get through the few hundred that I have now in order to start buying again. My friend always shows up with cigars though and I end up with more than I started with. :eusa_doh: :p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Todays delivery,:D

various 5 Vegas and a box of La Vieja Habanas which I know aren't a big name but I like them.
5Vegas Miami due tomorrow.

PA090096.jpg

PA090097.jpg

PA090098.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Ok the wife had a La Vieja Habana and liked it very much, I also like them.

I had a 5 Vegas Gold and thought it was a great cigar. It is definitely a mild cigar but had a great smooth toasty almond taste. The thing held a good 3 inch ash before falling too. I will definitely get more of these and think they are a good anytime cigar.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
wine-club_2016_16065427

Here is a look at it. You are too far away to hoist a glass together. :D [huh]

JP, I wanted to let you know I finally got my hands on a bottle of Dalmore Cigar Malt. It sure took me a while, but tonight I crack it open. I also picked up a couple of Cohiba robustos to go along with it.

Miles Borocky

Familiar Face
Today's pipe tobacco fix...

...came courtesy of two dear grad students here who invited me out for some afternoon pipe-smoking here on campus.

Just tried two I've never had before Stanwell's Melange, and another called American Delight. Both splendid aromatics, which, in good company, and with a pumpkin spice latte, allowed the afternoon to take a pretty great turn. :)

BobC

indycop said:
Bob you are my inspiration! You have hats from the 4 corners of the earth coming and cigars!

lol lol lol :D :D :D You know, when my wife hears me laughing out loud while sitting in front of my computer, she give me one of these: :rolleyes:

When all of these hats get here, I will have lots of hats to show everyone for sure and lots of explaining to do to the little lady. I'm working on convincing her that I need another Fed IV with prices as low as they are. I don't think she's going for it, but what the heck, she'll be ok with it if she gets a new purse or one of those high dollar baskets she collects.

The 4 corners of the earth, now that's funny.

Clark

BobC

JP, thank you.

I have had the most splendid and relaxing evening. My wife and I torched some porterhouses on the grill and had a very nice dinner. Then as evening set in, I moved to the deck with a glass of Dalmore Cigar Malt and a Cohiba robusto (Dominican, unfortunately). I was most relaxed as the moon and stars reflected from the lake and I savored the scotch and cigar.

Perhaps the day will come when we are permitted to lift a glass together. Until then, thank you. Your suggestion has been and will be much appreciated and enjoyed.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tonight we had a La vieja Habana and a 5 Vegas Classic. The 5 Vegas classic was spicy/peppery the first half inch then mellowed out into a nice creamy flavor. At that point Dee took it from me so I can't tell you anything else about it.:eusa_doh:

Bob, I can only imagine the fun you will have in the Bahamas soon, have some cubans for me!:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tonight's smoke... hmmnnn let me start this story.:mad:

I'm at work and it's nice and dead out. I break out a beautiful 5 Vegas Gold torpedo and light it up. not even a quarter inch into it somebody drives by doing something stupid so I stop them. I let the cigar rest on the spot between the door and mirror while I write a couple of tickets. Of course instead of just writing the tickets and going back to a good cigar, when I ask for the guys DL he gives me a "my legal rights" card. So we begin, I tell him he can stick that back in his wallet and give me his ID. After convincing both knuckle heads that they can sign their tickets or come with me, I get back to my cigar. Of course it had gone out. I quickly tried to blow out the old smoke and relight it.

Thankfully it relit with no funk taste and went back to a good even burn and my cigar burned happily ever after!:D lol

feltfan

Okay, I'll bite. What's a "My Legal Rights" card?

Did this guy really think he could get stopped by you and
not have to show his driver's license?

I think I'd better go clip a cigar and ponder special people.

indycop said:
Tonight's smoke... hmmnnn let me start this story.:mad:

I'm at work and it's nice and dead out. I break out a beautiful 5 Vegas Gold torpedo and light it up. not even a quarter inch into it somebody drives by doing something stupid so I stop them. I let the cigar rest on the spot between the door and mirror while I write a couple of tickets. Of course instead of just writing the tickets and going back to a good cigar, when I ask for the guys DL he gives me a "my legal rights" card. So we begin, I tell him he can stick that back in his wallet and give me his ID. After convincing both knuckle heads that they can sign their tickets or come with me, I get back to my cigar. Of course it had gone out. I quickly tried to blow out the old smoke and relight it.

Thankfully it relit with no funk taste and went back to a good even burn and my cigar burned happily ever after!:D lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
Okay, I'll bite. What's a "My Legal Rights" card?

Did this guy really think he could get stopped by you and
not have to show his driver's license?

I think I'd better go clip a cigar and ponder special people.

It was a fancy plastic card that he probably bought somewhere , had no meaning to me. I thought he wasn't going to sign the citation even after telling him it was not an admission of guilt and that if he refused he was going to jail.

I also love when people think you have to read them Miranda before you can arrest them.

On topic I know 5 Vegas is apparently an internet brand but I am really liking them lately, especially the Series A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo