Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice jacket Vu Ngo. I think you posted it on Reddit a week or so ago as well right? It's a bit more designer fashion than something I'd personally wear but it looks cool.

Today - Vanson T3 - It's colder this morning than you'd expect for this time of year.

csfkoXqh.jpg
Xl6KgGsh.jpg
2Ny2LqIh.jpg
g6WSlTkh.jpg

tropicalbob

Just have. Extremely cool but the prices are a bit too steep for me. I've nowhere near to spend as much money on a shirt. Only because I destroy them too quickly.
I just got a couple of surprisingly nice ones on J Crew's Sales page for about $15.00 a pop. I think there are also some on their "Factory" page.

Nice jacket Vu Ngo. I think you posted it on Reddit a week or so ago as well right? It's a bit more designer fashion than something I'd personally wear but it looks cool.

Today - Vanson T3 - It's colder this morning than you'd expect for this time of year.

csfkoXqh.jpg
Xl6KgGsh.jpg
2Ny2LqIh.jpg
g6WSlTkh.jpg
This jacket gets better every time I see it. I meant to ask...is that octagon? Looks a bit browner and less "marbled" than the octagon I had. Really nice jacket CC.

casechopper

This jacket gets better every time I see it. I meant to ask...is that octagon? Looks a bit browner and less "marbled" than the octagon I had. Really nice jacket CC.

It's supposed to be octagon brown competition weight leather. I bought it second hand though so I can't say with 100% certainty.

Vu Ngo

New in Town

csfkoXqh.jpg
Xl6KgGsh.jpg
2Ny2LqIh.jpg
g6WSlTkh.jpg

Vanson does know how to make a great man jacket. What leather is it, cow/calf or horsehide?

Vu Ngo

New in Town
Found this brand called Roar from Japan and they seem to make really nice jacket.

Btw, has anyone has a jacket with linen or linen-like lining - raw and super cool fabric as lining. Just very curious!

Attachments

• pdriders_37 ROAR.jpg
    pdriders_37 ROAR.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: A-1

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Btw, has anyone has a jacket with linen or linen-like lining - raw and super cool fabric as lining. Just very curious!

maybe it could work on the body alone, but not on the sleeve, I think it won't last around the cuff edges, and since it is also easily get wrinkled it would be a bit problematic, just my guessing.

El Marro

Simmons Bilt makes my favorite version of the J100. Its the only one Ive seen that doesn't have the large "splay" at the bottom of the zipper which I don't care for. What are your thoughts on their Shinki El Marro?
I think their black Shinki is quite nice. It is comparable in thickness and feel to the other two Shinki jackets I own, a Diamond Dave A-2 and a Good Wear A-2. I have only had the SB for a week but already it is beginning to show some nice grain on the arms at the waist where it bends when I am driving. The finish is a little shinier than I prefer but I think it will become less so with wear.
This was definitely the most comfortable horsehide jacket I have ever purchased new, it was comfortable the first time I put it on. I love my CXL jackets, but I'm beginning to understand why many on this forum prefer Shinki.

Vu Ngo

New in Town
maybe it could work on the body alone, but not on the sleeve, I think it won't last around the cuff edges, and since it is also easily get wrinkled it would be a bit problematic, just my guessing.

It's the same approach that Rick Owens used on his many leather jackets. I probably try that one first.

Do you guys think a 1000-1500 range for a MTM leather jacket made from premium materials is too much?

casechopper

Do you guys think a 1000-1500 range for a MTM leather jacket made from premium materials is too much?

I think you'd have to sell a few jackets at a lower price to appeal to customers willing to try a new jacket maker and to get them out in public. Higher prices can come once you've developed a customer base and have a waiting list. It takes time and independent reviews from customers for people to see if what you're offering is worth that kind of price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran