Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Lost Worlds Suburban
3ea21f0f11c041769797eb2b07387abb.jpg

BlackAce41

Familiar Face
...got this Jacket (A-2 Rough Wear W535 AC 16159) from RMC "found" in my Wardrobe. But.... absolutly no idea - it is the famous Shinki? Can me help here - someone? Or other/better pic's? Many thank's for the support. Bests Peter
20170601_173930.jpg

Vu Ngo

New in Town
I think you'd have to sell a few jackets at a lower price to appeal to customers willing to try a new jacket maker and to get them out in public. Higher prices can come once you've developed a customer base and have a waiting list. It takes time and independent reviews from customers for people to see if what you're offering is worth that kind of price.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not worrying about quality because I keep pushing beyond limitation. It's my dilemma actually. I want to make clothes for the misfits (eg: short, muscular, or somewhat chubby, etc.) but my aesthetic + budget is not for everyone. Like I want to make a crocodile jacket with silver ornaments and hand-sewn painting for the lining but I don't think many will be buying. I probably just create a diffusion line to keep the price down but I still want to do mostly MTM to get every jacket right.

It's getting far too warm for jackets these days but the morning bathroom run with tank has been cold enough for this armor looking oddity of a Vanson.
View attachment 75870
View attachment 75871

Vanson is always a go-to brand for a great leather jacket. May I ask how much is it?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not worrying about quality because I keep pushing beyond limitation. It's my dilemma actually. I want to make clothes for the misfits (eg: short, muscular, or somewhat chubby, etc.) but my aesthetic + budget is not for everyone. Like I want to make a crocodile jacket with silver ornaments and hand-sewn painting for the lining but I don't think many will be buying. I probably just create a diffusion line to keep the price down but I still want to do mostly MTM to get every jacket right.

Vanson is always a go-to brand for a great leather jacket. May I ask how much is it?
If I told you, you'd be mad. Suffice it to say I spend a lot more at a Cubs game. :)
I did buy it from a seller who acquired it at a church sale...so the price was laughably low and I'm quite grateful for the good timing on the part of my browsing habits.

Reactions: A-1

Vu Ngo

New in Town
If I told you, you'd be mad. Suffice it to say I spend a lot more at a Cubs game. :)
I did buy it from a seller who acquired it at a church sale...so the price was laughably low and I'm quite grateful for the good timing on the part of my browsing habits.

Keep it up man, it's such a feeling when you could have grabbed a good deal and beat the shit out of it, like you don't need to care :D

A-1

One Too Many
ELMC Roadstar today. It's my least worn jacket and I keep thinking I should sell it, then I wear it and remember that I do really love the style and I can't figure out why I don't wear it more often.

ae93bf0a7c066a5a31d6fee2e9ff6a8f.jpg

Sell it. To me. For a ridiculously low price. It's not a cool jacket. Colour is awful, fit is "I don't know" and leather is worse. 100€?

When everything's collapsing, trust the kids!
- www.zekimin.com -

God I wish it were fall!! I'll be wearing board shorts at the beach later today but this morning I had to wear this new Thedi if only in my living room. I'm in love with this jacket and the leather is just sublime. It's so easy to wear but still has a substantial feel to it.
IMG_3559.JPG

Brettafett

One Too Many
Although I have had a coupe of nylon flight jackets in the past, I've always preferred the leather A-2s and G-1s...
However, I recently discovered these 'souvenir' jackets... So started looking around for one, and found this. Its a Schott Suka Souvenir jacket... and I love it. Classic military heritage and very easy to wear. Light, lots of pockets, so its practical to boot...
Found it at the RF Store in Bethnal Green in London (www.rfstore.co.uk). Guys were very friendly and helpful. Tried on a couple of different sizes and went with this medium (I am 5'10).
P1240236.jpg

P1240238.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran