Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A STORY IN THE KEY OF COOL

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Only 9 days until Idlewild!

I get all giddy like a schoolgirl when I go to the website.

Who else is counting the hours?

Your immature friend,
Rebecca

AELead_Andre%203000_080705_Layer%201.jpg

idlewild1.jpg

Jivin4Java

New in Town
Rebecca, I too can hardly wait! I do not have any one to go with. Several people I have asked have all had the same response...that movie looks lame! Can you believe that? Well, as far as I am concerned it is to their loss. So I will attend the theater alone and I am quite OK with that.

~Jenn~

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Jenn,
Your friends are WRONG! This movie is going to be amazing.

I’m a huge OutKast fan, and obviously a fan of Andre’s, so perhaps I’m a bit biased. But this just looks really good. It’s a very rare occasion that I’m interested in any movie, much less excited about its release, and I doubt I’ll be disappointed with Idlewild.

I’ve pre-ordered the CD, and will give a review of it as soon as I get it. I doubt there are a lot of OutKast fans on this site, but I suspect there are a few Andre fans!

Rebecca D

Caledonia

Practically Family
Sorry :eek: . Never heard of this. Can you give more details. The couple of stills look great, but expand! :) By the way, I am totally on bought DVDs. No TV, don't go to the movies (once a year maybe), don't hire, so I 'd really appreciate where in the whole film universe this is?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ive been waiting for this film for months, but I am a story snob, so if its a lame story, then sadly the film will be lame as well.

I see a trend with this neo soul gangster film genera. Dreamgirls is coming out this winter based on the Broadway play. Im so looking forward to that one! :D

LD

texasgirl

One Too Many
Last night on HBO they showed a "First Look" on Idlewild and this movie looks really good. I'm sure it will be on again, check it out!

ortega76

Practically Family
For what it's worth, this guy is eagerly awaiting the movie. If nothing else, the costuming looks marvelous and one of my favorite actors is the villain Terrence Howard.

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Hey, we SF ladies should get a movie group together to go see it! Anyone game?!

LD

I'm game! I'm going with my sis on opening night, but I've already decided to see this movie more than once.

LD, I have a terrible, nerdy crush on Andre, so I'll try to get over my "mmmhmm" "daaaaang" and "mmkaaay" reactions before I see the movie with you. I wouldn't want to embarrass you.

maisie

Practically Family
I haven't even heard of this film and certainly haven't seen any adverts at all for that film over here! But looking at the pictures it looks good!:D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Rebecca D said:
I'm game! I'm going with my sis on opening night, but I've already decided to see this movie more than once.

LD, I have a terrible, nerdy crush on Andre, so I'll try to get over my "mmmhmm" "daaaaang" and "mmkaaay" reactions before I see the movie with you. I wouldn't want to embarrass you.

THats alright, Terrance Howard is my future 'baby daddy' ;)

LD

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
Zemke Fan said:

This still alone makes my mouth water. I've seen the commercials, but sadly I must admit, I completely forgot about it. I don't know anyone who would really want to see it so I'll probably end up going alone, but I'm sure it will be quite a fun trip.

Dare I say, I hope this movie--if immensely popular--sparks a return to "classy" dress within the hip-hop and notably, the Black community, at large.

We used to be a rather splendid bunch.

1938:

Helen_Levitt_New_York_582_67.jpg

Untitled, New York, Helen Levitt

L_H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot