Aero Badalassi Offering

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Sloan1874, Oct 18, 2019.

1. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Not sure about Badalassi, but in other leathers but it generally goes with use and time. My suburban used to squeak a lot in the early days

Thuggee likes this.
  2. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

The squak on mine has pretty much gone. Seems like the waxy overcoat contributed a lot to the noise.

nick123 and Thuggee like this.
  3. Thuggee

Thuggee Practically Family

that’s makes sense doing some fit pics for Carrie today starting to like the leather more now - arghhhh I hate choices

El Marro likes this.
  4. KissMyMuscle

KissMyMuscle One of the Regulars

The color seems very rich.

5. AerGuitar

AerGuitar New in Town

My Badalassi squeak seems to lessen with every wear. It used to do it every time I moved, but now it’s basically confined to rubbing the sleeves against the body of the jacket. I can still get a good fart noise when I try hard enough, which is always amusing to females in the room :p And yes, the color is very rich! Can’t wait to witness the full break in with all of the little scratches and color variance. The elbows and shoulders are starting to lighten in color with more and more wear.

6. Mr Knight

Mr Knight Familiar Face

The latest batch of BB Vicenza is different. My latest Board Racer looks shinier and it looks more of an extremely dark brown as opposed to an off-black like my Premier Highwayman from last year was. I asked a group of friends if they thought my jacket was black or brown, most of them said dark brown. There’s very subtle hints of seal already popping through at the creases and you can almost see the brown depth when you shine a bright light directly on the leather, almost reminds me of CXL, I wonder if they’ve tweaked the manufacturing process for blackened brown?

AerGuitar likes this.
  7. Imuricecreamman

Updated pics of my tobacco badalassi. Starting to settle in. Screenshot_20200326_135804_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20200326_135920_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

8. Robbie79

Robbie79 Practically Family

9. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

Id rather deal with with squeaky badalassi than platicky and papery feeling vicenza. To me Vicenza is the Tyvek of leathers.

Your jacket is looking good imuricecreamman.

10. Jedy617

Jedy617 New in Town

Funny enough, when I got the samples in it was badalassi that felt more plasticky, I liked the feel of vicenza a lot better. However, after deciding natural was a no go for my first jacket, I went with badalassi solely on color. I'm hoping I will be more of a fan of the feel when I get a whole jacket out of it and not just a swatch, which I feel I will. Also will need to break it in.

AerGuitar likes this.
  11. Jedy617

Jedy617 New in Town

And I am pretty lucky, I asked Carrie and it seems my jacket got out right before the factory shut down. Might take a bit to get here but I'm very excited.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  12. AerGuitar

AerGuitar New in Town

Yes, I wonder too if they hadn’t changed something. The Vicenza in my new BB board racer is definitely heavier as well as a different shade. I’m a fan of it regardless. Also a fan of Badalassi.
    @Jedy617, Whew!!! Glad your jacket made it out just in time. Hope it gets to you soon. Let’s see some pics when the time comes!!

Jedy617 likes this.
  13. Imuricecreamman

Adding this to this thread. Screenshot_20200327_105737_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

14. Jedy617

Jedy617 New in Town

Just got my russet in!! This is my first leather jacket and I am extremely pleased. Shout out to Carrie with the sizing in, it's perfect. I ended up going with a 4 pocket front sheene, however one small change up is I asked for button cuffs. I don't right bikes, and the zip sleeves just are a bit too much for me personally. I asked for a little bit of a lighter hide, and with the lightweight tartan lining and in a size 40, according to my bathroom scale, it came out to 5 pounds on the money. Let me know your thoughts, I think for my first go, it couldn't have gone much better. Please ignore the messy quarantine look haha jacket1.jpg jacket2.jpg jacket5.jpeg jacket7.jpg jacket6.jpg jacket4.jpg jacket3.jpg

15. Mattofumi

Mattofumi New in Town

Looks great Jedy. Really like That tartan-leather combo. Works really well together.

Jedy617 likes this.
  16. Jedy617

Jedy617 New in Town

Thanks! I agree. Blue and green are my fav colors and was thinking about going for a combo, but I think just going blue made for a cleaner look

17. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

That leather is beautiful Jedy!

Jedy617 likes this.
  18. ....And the fit is right on..!! Very nice

Jedy617 likes this.
  19. Jedy617

Jedy617 New in Town

I love absolutely everything about it, only small issue is there seems to be some missing stitches surrounding the button cuff. Is stuff like this normal? I mean overall I'm very happy but I feel like this should be caught by aero

button.jpg

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  20. Robbie79

Robbie79 Practically Family

Your jacket looks beautiful and the fit is very good! I've owned +10 Aero jackets in the past and I've never noticed missing stitches. If I was you I would send this picture to Carrie asking what to do (perhaps they can fix themselves or they will offer you a discount).

handymike, dudewuttheheck and Jedy617 like this.