Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero HBD and Fortis watch pics

Here's a few shots of the HBD after 5 months of wear and one of my favorite Fortis B-42 watches.
I think you'll agree that the Oil-Pull is looking pretty sexy!
Most of my watches are adorned with (extra long) Toshi straps. His site is found here. Rich makes superb straps!

b42-hbd6.png

b42-hbd5.png

b42-hbd4.png

b42-hbd3.png

b42-hbd7.png

b42-hbd2.png

b42-hbd1.png

b42-hbd.png

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Hey Butte,

The jacket looks great but I have to admit, I can't stop looking at that watch.. it's impressive.

Chi-Town

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
Yeah sorry butte, I didn't even notice the jacket I couldn't take my eyes off that watch. I could never afford a really nice watch right now with two young kids and one on the way, I do have a TAG I got as a gift I rarely wear, I may have to put on one of those Yoshi straps, may give it a new life.

Yeah, I had to stop with watches for a while. They cost 3-4x what a GW jacket does and that doesn't include straps, winders and maintenance. I paired down to less than 10 so no more for now. But smoz reminded me I have a spot for a SINN cleared out ;)
Getting a new strap is like a new pair of shoes. I rotate them and it does make a watch feel new.

smoz

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys - nice 7750,25 Sinn smoz! Rich is the JC of watchbands!

Thanks for the compliment, I agree with you about Rich/Toshi's straps, and he's a good man to deal with, I only have one of his straps but am tempted to get another. The box stitching on the strap you have on your Fortis suits it, goes well with the pilot style of the watch.

I am also a fan of Sinn watches, as well as the 356 flieger II above I have a Sinn U1w.

Chalk and cheese:
IMG_0033.JPG

Windward

Practically Family
AWESOME PICS ! - simply eye candy and yes .... pretty sexy ... and I like the combination with a great chrono with such masculin heavy leather straps. Wearing watches with different straps is like wearing the same suit everyday but with differents shirts/ties - always a different look.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
OMH, been there, done that! Watches are an even bigger threat to your wallet as jackets. :eeek: Like Butte I am down to just a handfull now an going to keep it that way. Here´s one of the Fliegers I don´t have anymore. It was huge at 47mm and quite affordable. I guess the Steinhart brand is known in the US too...

Frank

DSC00196.jpg

wild_balls

Practically Family
Hi Butte,

That is one massive watch, the strap is absolutely awesome! Looks like the jacket and the watchstrap comes as a kit! Will definitely take look at the website!

Joakim

Nice Dr!
Thanks guys for the comments and more pics! I wondered why watches were so seldom seen around here. I can't see wearing a nice jacket and a G-Shock! (although in some cases, I get it)
For me, it's "tool" watches with simple designs, but yes, I like them on the larger side. And FWIW, these are way shy of today's fashionably massive watches you see. Not my thing.
I'm really wanting a SINN (thanks again smoz!) and a U-Boat - as seen here
I have a couple Ball and even a few really nice Seikos (as my concession to the days I don't want to wind, set, etc.)
Keep posting fellas - I like this thread!

Here's the Fortis I wore while we flew on the "Aluminum Overcast" in 2009.

B17-Fortis.png

B17-Fortis1.png

Last edited:

Heinz D.

New in Town
hallo Butte,
both jacket and watch looking great.
What leather and what colour are the Toshi straps?

Greatings

Heinz,

That one with the jacket is the "Caramel" believe it or not. That's after three+ years of wear, and some leather treatment 1x a year. It got darker and a little redder with age. Rich has more colors now than when I bought this and a couple others. Here is the Caramel page.

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
I ordered the Tobacco with natural stitching, the Tag I'm putting it on has an almost cobalt face so I think it will look nice. Right now the watch has a flimsy alligator band that's tapered and I just don't like it, the strap is why I don't wear it.

Last edited:

Heinz D.

New in Town
Butte,
never thought it is caramel. Nice treatment of the leather, perhapes with Pecards? Thanks for your advise.

Greatings

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
I've used Pecards and Lexol.

Wanna see pix of the Tag/Toshi!

I'll post a pic when I get the strap, Rich said about 16 days before it ships which is fine with me. This watch has been collecting dust for years so what's a few more weeks? I absolutely love watches but it's just a collecting hobby I can't get into right now, motorcycles eat up all my cash (which as a married 30 something with two kids and one on the way is very limited to begin with), I only have this TAG I got as a gift, my grandpas Seiko, and a Casio Pathfinder, pretty sorry collection but someday these kids will move out and I'll some money to burn.

I'll post a pic when I get the strap, Rich said about 16 days before it ships which is fine with me. This watch has been collecting dust for years so what's a few more weeks? I absolutely love watches but it's just a collecting hobby I can't get into right now, motorcycles eat up all my cash (which as a married 30 something with two kids and one on the way is very limited to begin with), I only have this TAG I got as a gift, my grandpas Seiko, and a Casio Pathfinder, pretty sorry collection but someday these kids will move out and I'll some money to burn.

All the same hobbies, but some years on you.
As for: pretty sorry collection but someday these kids will move out and I'll some money to burn...
Don't count on it. lol

caffeinated

New in Town
Love the watch and the jacket!

I've been following the comments about oil pull HH on the forum closely. I'm considering it for my next jacket. Yours shows no signs of the "sueding" others have mentioned. Do you notice anything like that? Your jacket has just the look I'd like, and the oil pull is said to be lighter in weight, which I'd like as well. But the oil pull doesn't get much love around here. What's your overall feeling about it?

And here's a pic of my Fortis, to keep yours company!

Dust%2520storm%252029%2520April%2520004sc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot