Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero HBD and Fortis watch pics

@ caffeinated>> Awesome! Nice to see a fellow Forti owner :) Looks like a Zulu strap - Maratec? I have some Nato's that I love with the Fortis'
My Oil-Pull is awesome. I saw a bit if what I thought was sueding at first, then it gets shiny and like the pics above. I love this hide. To me, it's the best of what I've had so far from Aero's FQHH's. It has a bit of red in it too which to me makes it even better. I'll never get rid if this jacket for many reasons - I don't think you'd be disappointed in it at all. Now the confusing thing is the stories of two different looking Oil-Pull hides. Not sure there. Ask Amanda for a sample of the current hides and judge for yourself - I don't want to mislead you in any way. I must say, you have good taste! I'll post a pic of my other remaining Fortis. They're my two go-to watches now.

The sueding oil pull was 'the old oil pull' from several years ago. I have an oil pull HalfBelt purchased probably 5 yrs ago that although not as nappy as true suede is enough to pick up lint. The newer stuff is quite different...and much nicer IMO.
HD

caffeinated

New in Town
That's good to hear about the oil pull! I'm looking forward to placing an order sometime this summer!

That's a Maratac strap on my Fortis. I found a really nice metal bracelet that I wear it on now.

smoz

One of the Regulars
Here you go Butte, Aero A-2 oil pull, Sinn 356 Flieger II and Toshi, a lovely combination

IMG_2693.JPG

Last edited:

smoz

One of the Regulars
I got another Toshi strap from Rich (chocolate leather with olive drab stitching), it arrived this morning, I think it goes well with my oil pull Aero A-2:

IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

Last edited:
@ SMOZ! That's PERFECT! Damn, I'm glad I saw this - I am going to pull the trigger on that one myself - but I get boxed at the top (stitch). That is indeed a beautiful match! Rich does for watches what JC does for jackets :) Thanks for posting - you done good.

jksu

Familiar Face
oh my... i need to get me a decent watch just so i can get one of these leather bands! :) it'd look a little ridiculous on a timex ironman which is about all i wear, if i even wear a watch

smoz

One of the Regulars
@ SMOZ! That's PERFECT! Damn, I'm glad I saw this - I am going to pull the trigger on that one myself - but I get boxed at the top (stitch). That is indeed a beautiful match! Rich does for watches what JC does for jackets :) Thanks for posting - you done good.

It is surprising how much difference a strap can make to a watch, I think the boxed stitch suits your Fortis, it seems to go well with pilot style watches.

The chocolate leather from Toshi is very soft but still nice and thick, after one day's wear it is already more pliable than my other Toshi strap that I have had for about three years. If you do order one another one of these from Toshi make sure you post some pictures here, it will go very well with your oil pull 50s HB dlx.

Once you get a few straps, it's fun every now and then to just swap them around. Amazing even that feels like a new watch. I've never liked bracelets, so these match the jackets nicely.

ChristianM.

New in Town
One-off Sinn 756S UTC Diapal

with "Hirsch" strap:

img8529jx.jpg

with black strap (as delivered by the factory):

756sutcdiapal4.jpg

with shell cordovan strap:

shellcordovansinn7562.jpg

Last edited:

smoz

One of the Regulars
One-off Sinn 756S UTC Diapal

with "Hirsch" strap:

img8529jx.jpg

with black strap (as delivered by the factory):

756sutcdiapal4.jpg

with shell cordovan strap:

shellcordovansinn7562.jpg

I do like the Sinn 756, in fact that was the model that drew me to the Sinn range of watches in the first place, I have never owned a 756 but if I did it would probably be either the non UTC version or possibly the 757 with a bezel. I have a Sinn 356 flieger II and a U1w.

Nice strap too, I was tempted by the cordovan but decided on the chocolate instead.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot