Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman in Cherry Steerhide

Barman

Familiar Face
OK, I bought another jacket on Ebay! Aaargh! :eeek:
I just couldn't resist. I was so pleased with the quality of my Aero A2, that I immediately put things on sale to finance another one. My stuff got sold quicker than expected so I snagged this nice Highwayman in Cherry Steerhide, which is not that red actually (I thought it would be more). The jacket's color appears very different depending on the lighting.
I usually wear a size 46 but I took my chance and got this one in 44.
Comments are welcome. :p

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Looks like you got hooked on the leather jacket wagon! Stellar jacket, and a great fit at that. How does it feel? It looks like a tight fit.

Barman

Familiar Face
Thanks! It feels great, the fit is tight indeed but not too snug.
I can't layer much but it isn't skin tight.

I'm hooked indeed but this will be my last before a long time.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket! The cherry is an interesting colour - I've thought it has a more burgundy colour than than cordovan. It's a snug fit, but not overly tight. Looks good on you. So, what do you fancy next? ;)

Why can't I ever get something off eBay that looks and fits this good! Fantastic jacket, great fit. Looks just right.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think most people have to size down 1-2 sizes for a HWM. Appears you did well.

thor

Call Me a Cab
That cherry steerhide has a nice shade and it doesn't seem to be overly heavy/thick like some of the super heavy duty 4.0+ oz stuff. It seems to conform and drape almost like a mid-weight hide. Nice pick up! Wear it well.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Great fit, I don't think you could do much better, especially off of eBay. I really like the color... when a cherry or burgundy is subtle like this, it makes it very versatile.

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Nice purchase! Looks great on you as well!
Would love to see a side-by-side of the cherry, the cordovan, and the brown.
With my new brown fqhh Maxwell there is a lot of red/burgundy undertones in bright sunlight....curious to see all three together.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's a great pick up. The cherry is a nice change, don't see a great deal of it about. The fit is good...trim without being tight, nice score

Barman

Familiar Face
Thanks!
The cherry color is a lot like that in reality:
DarkCherry.jpg

What would be your recommendations for a hat to go with this jacket?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nothing better than a jacket that fits really well that you got at a great price! Nice find.
I always thought the cherry was a lot redder and brighter......this actually looks a lot nicer than I was expecting when I saw the thread title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn