Aero Indian Ranger design updated

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Guppy, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I wear a size 42 in most brands but a 40 in Aeros. If thas was an inch longer in body and sleeves it would be perfect for me.

willyto likes this.
  2. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I could wear it, but I don't know that I would like Vicenza as much as I would like CXL, and it's only 20 quid cheaper than a new one in CXL would be.

3. Carlos840

My thought too, for a 20 quid discount, might as well get custom length and get the leather i would want.

Spiney, AbbaDatDeHat and ton312 like this.
  4. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

That's true, in general I think that the main advantage of the jackets at aero "sales" page is not the marginal discount but the fact that you won't have to wait 2.5 months.

Spiney and Mich486 like this.
  5. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

If you factor in the extra £75 for Vicenza is over 10% discount. Not bad for a no wait jacket with no faults.

Of course, it needs to match your measurements otherwise is pointless to drop that kind of money on a jacket that doesn’t fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Carlos840

That's true, i hadn't factored that in, to me Vicenza is a downgrade from CXL so i didn't think to add the extra £75

Monitor, El Marro and Guppy like this.
  7. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

That was my thinking as well, although I don't know that I would consider Vicenza a downgrade. I know that I like Horween CXL but I haven't handled a Vicenza jacket in person. But probably for a motorcycle jacket I'd prefer heavier/stiffer leather.

Spiney and JMax like this.
  8. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Co-worker of mine bought a Vicenza jacket. It is nice but not something I would purchase. Much prefer some of the other stuff out there. Definitely prefer something else when on a bike.

Monitor likes this.
  9. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

I owned both CXL and Vicenza and I think they are both nice leathers with clearly different properties. I believe that there are styles that go better with Vicenza and others with CXL. I wouldn’t want an HWM in Vicenza for example.

As long as protection on the bike goes, I don’t believe Vicenza is made with the intention of offering protection from a slide, it’s meant for casual use. I wonder whether CXL is good enough for that, but I don’t ride so honestly not a discriminating factor for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMax likes this.
  10. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Oh man... I've got an old Indian Ranger sitting in the collection that I've been meaning to have restored. It's perfect, just needs a liner. Jacket has so much character and amazing patina to the leather, Aero would be the perfect folks to restore it.

I better call them.

11. Monitor

Monitor

You have to do it! Now that they've got the experience with the Ranger, there's no better place to have it restored!

Guppy likes this.
  12. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Kicking this tread back alive - who else has an Indian Ranger (new or old) on this board?
    Has to be a few more out there?

JustinW likes this.
  13. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

I’ll try my best to remember to take a picture of mine tomorrow. I love this jacket.

roadking04, Spiney and JustinW like this.
  14. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

OK, took some pictures (pics below), but I didn’t think I would also list this gorgeous jacket for sale! (Just don’t have enough opportunity to wear this jacket regularly and so I thought it’s time to reduce my collection.)

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-indian-ranger.103333/

49B41A1D-774B-4CD3-8BDC-E6646D808796.jpeg 73B4A7AA-632A-4E75-856A-1AD859A16E9D.jpeg 653039D1-7C5C-4D46-B5FC-F6B5BAD08512.jpeg D99DEBD1-4CF2-4416-ABEA-A6E5CB439C0C.jpeg

kowalski, AeroFan_07, Spiney and 2 others like this.