Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Good review, many thanks. The Premier line is definitely a trim fitting pattern but you have the frame to take it, wear it well, it suits you.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice review. The jacket seems to not only fit you perfectly, but it suits you perfectly as well. Very neat-looking and sophisticated.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Very nice review and fit appears exemplary. For myself, I think I would go with Vicenza for anything in the Premier line, including the Board Racer due to the very tight fit in the shoulders and upper torso. My experience with my two Vicenza jackets (Sheenes) is there is nothing "nappa" or "fragile" regarding the Vicenza hide. I also see nothing "rather dull and characterless" about either of my Vicenza jackets. Just sayin' ...

Vezio

One of the Regulars
If you say so:

bdlXAx7.jpg

Nq4VlKr.jpg

The problem is that not many used Vicenza jackets are seen around basically because people own 100000 jackets and don't get to use them enough for it to develop character. For me FQHH is like cardboard or armor, way too stiff and uncomfortable, also I could barely wear it due to temperature.

Fantastic review and jacket! The fit is stunning.
Thank you for your compliments. Vicenza horsehide is a very good quality leather (but being Italian I'm biased;)). If I buy the Board Racer model in the future, it will certainly be in Vicenza horsehide: I will buy it so tightly, that I can not breathe, so a softer leather will be necessary:). I read in another post that you have lost weight, and you had problems of width with your Half Belt: strange, because I also have weight fluctuations (also 8/10 kg.), but I haven't found this flaw. Perhaps your 50's model is wider than the Premier version. However, you're fine with it, in my opinion and from the picture.

Vezio

One of the Regulars
Very nice review and fit appears exemplary. For myself, I think I would go with Vicenza for anything in the Premier line, including the Board Racer due to the very tight fit in the shoulders and upper torso. My experience with my two Vicenza jackets (Sheenes) is there is nothing "nappa" or "fragile" regarding the Vicenza hide. I also see nothing "rather dull and characterless" about either of my Vicenza jackets. Just sayin' ...
Thank you. Fortunately, the jacket, even if it is quite snug in the shoulders, but especially in the chest, is not stressful, even with a hard leather like horsehide: indeed I'm used to much more tight leather jackets, so I consider the Premier line as a normal cut;). My Aero jackets are one in chromexcel horseide and one in sheepskin (model B6). In the future (I don't know when), I consider a A2 model (38-1711 or Bronco) in seal jerky horsehide, and a Board Racer in black Vicenza horsehide. So I'll be full: 4 leather types and a divorce;).

Vezio

One of the Regulars
Splendid review, beautiful jacket and perfect fit. On top of that you answered an age old question about the sleeve measurements. Bravissimo pizan!
Thanks. I didn't know what "PIZAN" means, but in Internet I found that is an American word to say "MY FRIEND"!
Italian derivation of word "PAISAN", obviously Neapolitan, that emigrants in the past used meeting fellow citizens, abroad:) Even today it is used:) How many things are learned:) Cià my friend;).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
In the future (I don't know when), I consider a A2 model (38-1711 or Bronco) in seal jerky horsehide, and a Board Racer in black Vicenza horsehide. So I'll be full: 4 leather types and a divorce;).

The only other thought I might leave with you is to order your eventual A-2 in seal Vicenza horsehide rather than seal jerky horsehide as the seal jerky is much stiffer than Vicenza, and does not drape nearly as well. I base this on my own experience with two jackets made from Vicenza and two from seal jerky. Just sayin' ...

Vezio

One of the Regulars
The only other thought I might leave with you is to order your eventual A-2 in seal Vicenza horsehide rather than seal jerky horsehide as the seal jerky is much stiffer than Vicenza, and does not drape nearly as well. I base this on my own experience with two jackets made from Vicenza and two from seal jerky. Just sayin' ...
Many thanks for your advice. I will hold it in high regard for my future purchases.:)

Dave Harris

New in Town
Hi Vezio,

Thank you so much for writing such an in depth review of your Premier Half belt.
I recently placed an order for a premier half belt myself and I found this post very helpful to my decision making process. After reading all your helpful information and many back and forth emails with Holly from Aero (she is very patient and professional) I knew the Premier half belt was the right jacket for me. I really appreciate the time and effort that you put into writing this review. I can not wait to receive the jacket when it is finally made. It will be my very first leather jacket so I am very excited.
Three years on since you created this post, I would love to see or hear about how this jacket has aged.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Dave.

Dave Harris

New in Town
Wow, beautiful! Thank you for Sharing Vezio. I love the way the grain is really starting to come through on the sleeves. Makes me even more excited to receive mine. I also chose the black cxl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112