Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Camp Draft Silver Belly

silvereed

Familiar Face
Just received my Akubra Camp Draft ( Silver Belly ). From Australia Direct. Three month production time. This is one sweet hat. Well worth the wait, open crown, thin ribbon, nice soft felt. $109 to my front door from Australia. It the best bang for the buck, for sure.
campdraft.jpg

D00R

One of the Regulars
that reminds me so much of an alessandria..to bad it doesn't come in a Light Gray, I'd join in on the akubra.

D00R

One of the Regulars
anyone know the difference between a campdraft and a Squatter ?

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
The Campdraft isn't on their website, this is a hat that you have to request from them...I love the silverbelly, but does it come in other colors?
CJ

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
D00R said:
anyone know the difference between a campdraft and a Squatter ?

Look at the David Morgan ad at the top of this page, the hat on the banner is the Squatter. It comes in Moonstone which is a shade of gray.

Silvereed, that is a nice hat. It's hard to beat the Akubra for the money.

fedoralover

jeff

One of the Regulars
What a gorgeous hat! I love the bash you put in.

Hmm.. can you tell us the open crown height and brim size?

Thanks,

jeff

RBH

Bartender
GREAT LOOKING FEDORA silvereed, GREAT BASH ALSO!
Could you show us a better shot of the crown ?
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Colby Jack said:
The Campdraft isn't on their website, this is a hat that you have to request from them...I love the silverbelly, but does it come in other colors?
CJ
Hey CJ, this is from ValleyCountry website [where I ordered my Taupe Fawn Campdraft.]
http://shop.valleycountry.com.au/catalogue/category1/category13/category54/product334

It is available in Taupe Fawn and Silver Belly. The product photo is in the Silver Belly colour. Please note additional price of $4.99 for Silver Belly.

The colours Mid Brown, Black, Bluegrass and Carbon Grey are available by special order.

Also every place I check had a 3 month wait on the Campdraft, but I have heard of a few that got lucky and the vendor had one on hand in their size.

After seeing this thread, I re-bashed my Campdraft with a higher front pinch and a some what diamond shape to the crown. after it dries I will try to post a shot or two.

jeff said:
What a gorgeous hat! I love the bash you put in.

Hmm.. can you tell us the open crown height and brim size?

Thanks,

jeff

Jeff, the measurments on my Campdraft are
2 7\8 inch brim
6 inch open crown

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner