Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Wentworth

gtcaz

New in Town
I've been wanting an Akubra for a while now, and have been looking through the various styles searching for something rugged enough for the outdoors, yet not overwhelming for city use. I was thinking something with eyelet-vents would be good, as I live in the desert Southwest.

I was debating between the Angler and the Traveller, but switched gears and ordered a Wentworth from Hats Direct.

It looks like the Wentworth has the same blocking and eyelet pattern as the Angler, but with a different color felt and a somewhat wider brim (83mm, or about 3.24"). I was thinking a 3" brim would be a good compromise, but ah well.

I also liked the simple leather band (rather than the shiny Barramundi band of the Angler).

The popular Cattleman model has the same size brim, but a different blocking and a bound-edge brim.

Does anyone have the Wentworth? Any opinions about it?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Dont have a Wentworth, but have a Safari. It`s the same shape with a grosgrain. Good outdoor hat with the turned down back brim for sun protection...but wearing a felt in the summer is a little questionable...maybe in Oz if its dry heat, but frankly it sits in a box all year round. Quite stiff felt, thinnish, light....

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
It should be a great hat for year 'round desert wear...Having lived in Phoenix, where people move from shadow to shadow to avoid the sun, that brim should prtotect you from the elements. You may need a lighter weight straw for the deep summer months....but I bet the Wentworth will be great most of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn